Mummy ivon: Hi?

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy ivon: Hi?

Postby ivon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Bumped into this forum when I was searching hi and lo for a scoo for my 3 year old gal. M new to postin on forums. will have much to learn. :oops:

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 pm

ivon wrote:Bumped into this forum when I was searching hi and lo for a scoo for my 3 year old gal. M new to postin on forums. will have much to learn. :oops:

Welcome to KSP.com, ivon! Are you a mummy or daddy?

Sounds like you have got the same aged daughter like me :) Will this be her first childcare? Mine's currently on her 3rd :oops: .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re:Hi?

Postby ivon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 am

I m mummy with two girls, 3 and 1. I hope that I dun have to keep changing preschools for my girls :p

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

childcare

Postby ivon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 am

You staying in the east? What's the reason for changing child care? M in the west.

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cckmummy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am

Hi ivon, i'm also new in forum, juz join few days ago. Saw tat you also live in the west and have 2 girls. Me too. My girl born on 26 aug 05 and 14 aug 07. I live at cck and MIL live at jurong west. How about you? I am also searching for school for my 3 years old, kind of late, did not know enrolment starts around april in most kindergartens. Are you a working mum too?

cckmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Champion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Ivon & CCKmummy,
Welcome to this Forum - I also have 2 girls - Older one P1 next year and my younger girl was also born in the year 2005 same as yours.

I am residing at Jurong West and have registered my younger girl with PCF Kindergarten at Boon Lay Blk 262. You may want to call up the school to check whether are there any more vacancies.

Have a great day.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ivon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 am

Hi cckmum and Champion

I really regret moving out of CCK. Used to stay in Northvale. Now the people around me all seem to stay in CCK and BPJ. I m staying near Bt Timah Plaza now. My older gal is born Oct 05 and younger one Sep 07. cckmum, our girls' age very close.

So we all should have common topics to talk about :p. M currently a sahm. how about yourselves? I have actually registered my older gal at Newton Kindy for next year cos I heard about the focus on Chinese and someone who has a grandchild there said that it's very good. But I m still quite doubtful about it partly cos of distance and partly cos of the big class size (30 to 2 teachers for nursery class, with 1 teacher assistant).

cckmum, me like you also just started looking for preschool for my girl recently. we so last minute :oops:
[/u]

ivon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:Hi?

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:04 pm

ivon wrote:I m mummy with two girls

cckmummy wrote: and have 2 girls. Me too.

Champion wrote:I also have 2 girls

Wa...the Two Girls Club! Think its time for me to source for parents here to form the Two Boys club. :lol:
It seems that nowadays having two kids of the same gender is getting very common. :D
I live in the west too. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cckmummy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi ivon,
i can see many similarity between us, firstly, this is the first forum tat i'm joining, sign up because i was frantically looking for a childcare/3hr kindergarten for my 3yrs old girl. Our girls are really very close in age. She has been in full day cc since she turn 2 (after mei was born cause was afraid MIL can't cope, she taking care of my 5yr old niece in the afternoon too, plus a 8mths old nephew, with the help from a maid tat my bro-in-law hired). Recently MIL told us we can consider the option to look for a 3hr kindergarten for my girl instead of putting her full day in cc cause she thinks she can manage, tat's why so late then start looking for a school.

U mention u are a sahm, so should have more options. I'm a working mum so my options are limited to places near MIL house or places nearby with school bus service. so far did not search newton kindy cause it's far away for me. but i agreed tat 30 to 2 teachers even with 1 assistant is too big a class, normal is 15 or 16 also with 2 teachers(1eng1chi+1assistant)

Probably, stopping my search and placing her for another year at her current PCF sparkletots in jurong. Tat place meets my standard, comfort level wise and cleanliness, very good in terms of child caring. But i also kiasu cause scare curriculum wise so so only. so searching high and low for another option. Search for the past 2 weeks, either must be on waiting list or not up to my standard in terms of comfort level.

Wow, u moved to bukit timah, is it because u r aiming for good pri school for your girls?

Hi Champion,
I did not racky at blk 262 PCF, it's quite far away from MIL place, and i think also no school bus service. Which pri school did u enroll your elder girl in? I was searching for kindergarten but chance upon pri 1 articles in this website so also start thinking liao...haha kiasu hor!? :)

Hi jedamum,
Two kids of the same gender good mah, everything can share between the 2 of them and they might have stronger bond. I prefer it this way although hubby think 1 girl and 1 boy most ideal. You are welcome to join in too. :wink:
Last edited by cckmummy on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cckmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Hello West mummies
I stay at CCK.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs