Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby iRabbit » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote::lol: ah boy complained he did not get a good night's sleep.

:rotflmao:

I know :lol:

This morning ah boy came to me while I was preparing the day's laundry wash in the utility toilet.

Ah Boy: mama, did you sleep well last night?

I was :skeptical: last night I woke to adjust the air con temperature, it was too stuffy for me.

Ah boy: I did not get a good night's sleep.

Then he said this softly: gor gor was coughing all night. Now I am so tired.

See lah, where got out of nowhere came to ask about my well being :gloomy:

:rotflmao:

For boys to ask about their parents' well-being (regardless of circumstances), that is considered good oredi lah.

Your ds1 oredi in NS? Time really flies. It was not that long ago that he was helping your dh to barbecue for us. :smile:

Also your ds2 was showing my junior some tricks with an orange (or something like dat). :lol:

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 pm

The GP's son has most of his school mates (ACSI) as his section mates. So luckily.

Elder boy's bunk mates (16 persons) are mainly RI and HC students, a Innova JC, a NUSHigh and another NJC student.

He met a few primary school classmates too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:06 pm

The night supper ended one week later after enlistment. Anyone who is hungry and did not bring food on the enlistment day will either go hungry or can go to the vending machine to buy some "snacks". For the past weeks, the "snack" was a beverage with aloe vera bits :faint:

It was a mistake to pack light on the enlistment day.

Should have brought along plastic bags of snacks, preferably dry and not easily perishables ones, eg biscuits, cereals.

Plastic bags- easily to fold away to bring back on 1st book out day. Or used to pack dirty clothes to bring back for washing.

Second, the number of clothes hangers, preferably > 10 pcs and to take along clothes pegs that can clip the clothes hangers on the clothes line for drying the washed clothes. When the wind gets too strong, all the clothes hanger was blown together. Good to have them clipped so that one can get a decent spacing among the clothes hangers.

Third, if the boy has a history of allergic rhinitis and the common medicine does not work or the common flu flare up works fast and furious, it is better to declare this condition during the pre NS medical checkup so that the MO knows to prescribe stronger medicine at the first visit to quickly arrest the problem.

Fourth, the ziplock bags are not found on the emart online system. Needs to go to the physical store to buy. I found only the exact large and small sizes at a sundry shop @ Beauty World level 2. SKP does not have the exact medium size ones. The camping and army shop at Bt Timah Plaza sells the exact medium size ziplock bag at 3 for $1 which is expensive. SKP sells a 10" by 10" 20 pcs at $4 only.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:49 pm

My brothers have always had spare snacks. I am the one who normally top up my brothers' snack stash. Their salary last time so little oni mah. We look forward to weekly snack shopping together. Even their bunk mates also know this sister pack nicer snacks. :lol: They tell my bros, so good got sister hor.

I buy large and thick ziploc bags from Yew Tee : Bess Point.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:19 pm

buds wrote:My brothers have always had spare snacks. I am the one who normally top up my brothers' snack stash. Their salary last time so little oni mah. We look forward to weekly snack shopping together. Even their bunk mates also know this sister pack nicer snacks. :lol: They tell my bros, so good got sister hor.

I buy large and thick ziploc bags from Yew Tee : Bess Point.

:lol:

The ziplock bags must be size 7" by 10", 10" by 11" and 13" by 16"

If you go by Bess Point, please help me to check whether they carry these sizes, totally transparent, even the zip must be non colored.

Many thanks.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 pm

We have an early dinner at 5pm as elder boy needs to be at PP bus interchange by 6.30pm

We got stuck at a stretch near the sports centre. So elder boy got off the car and walked towards the bus interchange. He suggested to drive him to Tampines MRT in future to avoid the traffic jam at PP.

First book in he left his retainers at home.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Jennifer wrote:We have an early dinner at 5pm as elder boy needs to be at PR bus interchange by 6.30pm

We got stuck at a stretch near the sports centre. So elder boy got off the car and walked towards the bus interchange. He suggested to drive him to Tampines MRT in future to avoid the traffic jam at PR.

First book in he left his retainers at home.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 pm

May i ask when will be his next book out?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:May i ask when will be his next book out?

This Friday.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Jennifer wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:May i ask when will be his next book out?

This Friday.

Wow, weekly book out?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres