Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:26 pm

We went to Chinatown after sending elder boy to PR.

I sampled the dried persimmon at all stalls I came across, all siap siap aftertaste.

All stalls selling the Taiwan mochi and jelly at $1.80 per 100g.

We bought 200+g of Fragrance sliced pork at $13.20 for 300g, cut out, not square piece type, the shop labelled these as loose cut pieces. Hubby prefers this brand as less sweet, less salty.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

I dont know why every year the stalls sell Taiwan mochi

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Our last stop was at the preserved meat stall located at North Bridge Centre, just outside Chinatown FC.

A pair of sliced pork Chinese sausage $6
A set of duck gall $9
A slice of pork belly $9

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:31 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I dont know why every year the stalls sell Taiwan mochi

Many stalls selling these, different brands, some have very little filling with a thick mochi, some have more fillings, not all are the same, must sample before buying, can buy a mix of mochi and jelly.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:33 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:May i ask when will be his next book out?

This Friday.

Wow, weekly book out?

Yap, every Friday.

Except for the weeks leading to the POP, think two weekends must stay in camp to rehearse. But will be compensated after 9th March.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:We went to Chinatown after sending elder boy to PR.

I sampled the dried persimmon at all stalls I came across, all siap siap aftertaste.

All stalls selling the Taiwan mochi and jelly at $1.80 per 100g.

We bought 200+g of Fragrance sliced pork at $13.20 for 300g, cut out, not square piece type, the shop labelled these as loose cut pieces. Hubby prefers this brand as less sweet, less salty.

Bak kwa enough? I m like that now..go easy with Bak kwa. We used to eat few uncut slices per session :nailbite:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby breezy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:45 pm

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:My brothers have always had spare snacks. I am the one who normally top up my brothers' snack stash. Their salary last time so little oni mah. We look forward to weekly snack shopping together. Even their bunk mates also know this sister pack nicer snacks. :lol: They tell my bros, so good got sister hor.

I buy large and thick ziploc bags from Yew Tee : Bess Point.

:lol:

The ziplock bags must be size 7" by 10", 10" by 11" and 13" by 16"

If you go by Bess Point, please help me to check whether they carry these sizes, totally transparent, even the zip must be non colored.

Many thanks.

hi Jennifer,

Really appreciate you sharing your son's NS experience. My son's in the same batch too but I get much lesser details from him than you from your son! LOL!

On Ziploc bags, we actually bought from HIS Military Products (Tel: 97797024) which is located right at the Pasir Ris bus terminal near the BMTC shuttle assembly points. Opening hours are kind of odd though... but they are usually opened when the boys are booking in or out, and on weekends (till 7pm). It comes in dimensions 10"X7", 10.5"X11" and 13"X16", colourless zip. We bought a pre-packed set with 5 ziplock bags of each dimension in the pack. I've forgotten how much we paid for it though.

Made a trip to the Emart at Mount Faber SAFRA and saw Ziploc bags there too. But I didn't check on the prices. PT shorts (high cuts) were out of stock for most of the sizes and we had to hunt for them at Beach Road. And wow! The price difference is eye-popping! A pair of PT shorts sold at the Emart at $6.49 is $9 or $10 over at Beach Road vendors.

Wishing your son speedy recovery so that the trainings that follow wont be too taxing on him. :)

breezy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 am

breezy wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The ziplock bags must be size 7" by 10", 10" by 11" and 13" by 16"

If you go by Bess Point, please help me to check whether they carry these sizes, totally transparent, even the zip must be

hi Jennifer,

Really appreciate you sharing your son's NS experience. My son's in the same batch too but I get much lesser details from him than you from your son! LOL!

On Ziploc bags, we actually bought from HIS Military Products (Tel: 97797024) which is located right at the Pasir Ris bus terminal near the BMTC shuttle assembly points. Opening hours are kind of odd though... but they are usually opened when the boys are booking in or out, and on weekends (till 7pm). It comes in dimensions 10"X7", 10.5"X11" and 13"X16", colourless zip. We bought a pre-packed set with 5 ziplock bags of each dimension in the pack. I've forgotten how much we paid for it though.

Made a trip to the Emart at Mount Faber SAFRA and saw Ziploc bags there too. But I didn't check on the prices. PT shorts (high cuts) were out of stock for most of the sizes and we had to hunt for them at Beach Road. And wow! The price difference is eye-popping! A pair of PT shorts sold at the Emart at $6.49 is $9 or $10 over at Beach Road vendors.

Wishing your son speedy recovery so that the trainings that follow wont be too taxing on him. :)

:thankyou:

We ordered XS sizes form the emart online, delivery fee is $8 pay in cash. Add that in, I believe the price of items as "good" as those from Beach Road.

One of elder boy's bunk mate went to the Jurong East emart, said 人山人海

How was the Mt Faber outlet?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:57 am

After taking the medicine from the GP and most possibly a rest from all the Yes Sir, No Sir, elder boy managed not to cough so much and the voice was not so hoarse anymore.

So I asked some questions about the SAF officers, trainers use of expletives.

Yes, these personnel still use such language when the boys do something wrong or are not fast enough in moving, etc.

Elder boy said it was not a culture shock to him as he knows of a few boys in NJC who use such language.

Before the enlistment day, I already laid down 2 basic rules for elder boy - do not use such language, be it outside or at home and do not learn to smoke.

Btw, so far he heard that there are 2 smokers in the company he is attached to, but does not know who exactly the boys are.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:05 am

jennifer,
i remember my brother was coughing badly during his BMT period. in fact, hubby told me he was also coughing. partially due to morning exercise, smoke from cigarettes and other factors. hope your boy recovers soon.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres