Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:55 am

I bought 4 packs of the WM drum cleaner yesterday. Used 3 packs last night, 2 rounds of cleaning. This morning used the last pack. The grime is still surfacing :gloomy:

Need to hand wash laundry again :imdrowning:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:02 am

How about vinegar and baking powder soak with low water level, followed by two rounds of tub self-cleaning?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:10 am

Jennifer, did you use softener when you wash your laundry in washing machine?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 77


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 am

buds wrote:How about vinegar and baking powder soak with low water level, followed by two rounds of tub self-cleaning?


Now running a short wash with water only. Need to see how it goes.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:12 am

ngl2010 wrote:Jennifer, did you use softener when you wash your laundry in washing machine?


Never used softener.

Does softener make it cleaner or worse?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:20 am

Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Jennifer, did you use softener when you wash your laundry in washing machine?


Never used softener.

Does softener make it cleaner or worse?

I had grime problem before. I suspected it was because I used softener whenever I wash my laundry. If you don't use softener, that means my suspicion is incorrect.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 77


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:21 am

ngl2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Jennifer, did you use softener when you wash your laundry in washing machine?


Never used softener.

Does softener make it cleaner or worse?

I had grime problem before. I suspected it was because I used softener whenever I wash my laundry. If you don't use softener, that means my suspicion is incorrect.


oic. For a moment, I thought softener can be used as a cleaning agent :oops:

Are you still experiencing the grime issue? Or how do you prevent it?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:26 am

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:How about vinegar and baking powder soak with low water level, followed by two rounds of tub self-cleaning?


Now running a short wash with water only. Need to see how it goes.


Grime and rust on electric bottle steriliser, can be cleaned using vinegar and baking powder very effectively; as I have personally experienced. Very little scrubbing effort required and it'd be as good as new.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:33 am

buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:How about vinegar and baking powder soak with low water level, followed by two rounds of tub self-cleaning?


Now running a short wash with water only. Need to see how it goes.


Grime and rust on electric bottle steriliser, can be cleaned using vinegar and baking powder very effectively; as I have personally experienced. Very little scrubbing effort required and it'd be as good as new.



Oic.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 am

ngl2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:Jennifer, did you use softener when you wash your laundry in washing machine?


Never used softener.

Does softener make it cleaner or worse?

I had grime problem before. I suspected it was because I used softener whenever I wash my laundry. If you don't use softener, that means my suspicion is incorrect.


When using softener, only use what's needed. Any extras may have residual effect on the clothes and probably the cause of that grime on that drum cleaner... just maybe... :shrug: Because we used softener with our daily laundry with the washing machine in our previous house. We have never experienced any grime at all. The first machine lasted 10+ years. Our dryer lasted 12 years. : ) The machines served us extremely well till their last breath. :lol: So we finally put them to rest.

We now have a new washing machine and have swapped to Dynamo Anti-bacterial liquid detergent for our washing. We find it serves both washing and softening pretty adequately for us.

When using softener, only use what's needed. Any extras may have residual effect on the clothes and probably that drum cleaner.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres