Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:37 am

buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:How about vinegar and baking powder soak with low water level, followed by two rounds of tub self-cleaning?

Now running a short wash with water only. Need to see how it goes.

Grime and rust on electric bottle steriliser, can be cleaned using vinegar and baking powder very effectively; as I have personally experienced. Very little scrubbing effort required and it'd be as good as new.

Jennifer wrote:Oic.

The bottle steriliser has a metal base for placing water used for steaming/sterlising the bottles or feeding items like spoons, forks and bowls.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:39 am

Jennifer wrote:oic. For a moment, I thought softener can be used as a cleaning agent :oops:

Are you still experiencing the grime issue? Or how do you prevent it?

We bought new washing machine when we moved house because the grime keeps resurfacing even after using drum cleaner :gloomy:

I don't know what caused it because I never experienced it before that machine. Mine was Panasonic and yours is Fisher & Paykel so I think it is not about the washing machine. What could cause it? Too much detergent? I always pour more than the recommended amount :oops:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:40 am

Buds,

I googled vinegar and baking powder to clean WM. So far, hot water is used. Do you think room temperature water can work too?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:44 am

buds wrote:When using softener, only use what's needed. Any extras may have residual effect on the clothes and probably the cause of that grime on that drum cleaner... just maybe... :shrug: Because we used softener with our daily laundry with the washing machine in our previous house. We have never experienced any grime at all. The first machine lasted 10+ years. Our dryer lasted 12 years. : ) The machines served us extremely well till their last breath. :lol: So we finally put them to rest.

We now have a new washing machine and have swapped to Dynamo Anti-bacterial liquid detergent for our washing. We find it serves both washing and softening pretty adequately for us.

When using softener, only use what's needed. Any extras may have residual effect on the clothes and probably that drum cleaner.

We stopped using softener after experiencing that grime problem.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:49 am

Jennifer wrote:Buds,

I googled vinegar and baking powder to clean WM. So far, hot water is used. Do you think room temperature water can work too?

I used hot water with vinegar and baking powder.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 am

buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Buds,

I used hot water with vinegar and baking powder.

Done, with the leftover rice vinegar and baking powder I have in the fridge :xedfingers:

Another trip to NTUC later to get more of these.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:48 am

Jennifer wrote:Image

:thankyou:

Maybe will get a pkt to try after CNY :kiss:

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 am

I think I have used enough water and time trying to solve the wm grime issue :gloomy:

Appointment fixed on next Friday for the servicing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

Jen,

So what's ur spread for the upcoming reunion dinner?

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:I think I have used enough water and time trying to solve the wm grime issue :gloomy:

Appointment fixed on next Friday for the servicing.

What causes the grime? I've never heard or experienced such a bad case before. Usually, I may see some grime collected on the inside, but a hot wash will get rid of it.

By the way, I never use the recommended amount of detergent or softener as I find that it's usually too much. I use about 2/3 of the recommended amount of powder detergent and about 1/4 of the recommended amount of softener, and my laundry seems to be fine. My guess is that maybe the excess detergent and softener collect somewhere?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres