Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:13 pm

janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:ah boy has constipation?

He told me he did not do his big business for a week until this afternoon.

poor boy must have been bloated. try bananas but drink lots of water after that.

Should the side effects of cough syrup.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hat

Postby janet88 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Jennifer,

Cough syrup is likely the cause...I try not to take it unless absolutely necessary. So eating bananas is out for now. What a headache, heal one problem and another arises :slapshead:
Is he feeling better?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hat

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm

janet88 wrote:Jennifer,

Cough syrup is likely the cause...I try not to take it unless absolutely necessary. So eating bananas is out for now. What a headache, heal one problem and another arises :slapshead:
Is he feeling better?

It's been so long since the boys experienced this bowel issue after taking cough syrup that I totally forgot about the side effects until ah boy came complaining about being unable to do the big business last night and asked me whether I have any medicine that helps to move bowel.

Well, in the end he did it the natural way without any medicine.

He is still coughing, though lesser now. Says many classmates also like him. Another week to go according to the GP, such cough can last for two weeks or more :xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Jennifer,
Is his cough the irritating throat kind? Then the air con will irritate him or when he talks. After clearing his system, it is a big relief...if possible, take cough drops. Every few months, I have the irritating (and itchy throat) kind of cough caused by phlegm...so I try to avoid bananas, oranges and grapes.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:13 pm

janet88 wrote:Jennifer,
Is his cough the irritating throat kind? Then the air con will irritate him or when he talks. After clearing his system, it is a big relief...if possible, take cough drops. Every few months, I have the irritating (and itchy throat) kind of cough caused by phlegm...so I try to avoid bananas, oranges and grapes.

He claimed it is an irritating throat cough, some bits of phlegm, so I told him to take flumicil once a day.

Today school CNY celebration, he took two mandarin oranges to school to exchange. Then proceeded to eat almost one whole mandarin orange in school :siao: And yet last night he could tell me he rather not bring the mandarin oranges to school since he is coughing and can't eat oranges how am I to not trust him not to have eaten oranges?

This boy is really still so kiddy. I can't loosen the "leash" yet.

We had a confrontation last night. He feels I nag too much. So we came to an agreement for him to follow up on one responsibility for 30 days without my reminder aka nagging.

Failed the test this morning.

I printed out Feb month calendar, wrote the responsibility, terms and date of agreement on it, indicated Not Done for today and sticked the paper on his wardrobe.

He assured me he would do it right tomorrow.

Let's see then.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 am

Cooking the popiah filling now.

Just realised I have 5 types of veg in the filling - turnip, carrot, mushroom, French beans and cabbage

五福临门
:lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:21 am

Jennifer wrote:Cooking the popiah filling now.

Just realised I have 5 types of veg in the filling - turnip, carrot, mushroom, French beans and cabbage

五福临门

excellent!
Not easy to make as the skin is thin and if ingredients too wet would soak through.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:44 am

Jennifer wrote:Cooking the popiah filling now.

五福临门

爱心 popiah too , lots of prep work n efforts to cook.
Ur ds will be back at what time today ?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Elder boy was back around 10+ this morning. Now napping. Told me he has plans to go emart and then meet up with school friends.

I reminded him he is to clean the windows tmr.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:04 am

Image Image

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres