Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:59 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Woken up by the heavy downpour.

Checked NEA weather forecast, the rainy clouds come from NE direction, passing through Tekong island as well.

:xedfingers: for elder boy and the boys out in the open field.

Oohh.. Sweet mummy. Call or msg ur boys later in the evening to check if they r fine?

:lol:

I think the boys are not allowed to bring handphone on the field camp.

I guess they already are very lucky that it did not rain since Monday. Either return to base today or tomorrow.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:50 am

Sent an SMS to elder boy on Friday late afternoon : u ok?

Got his reply this morning when I turned on the phone : Fine, no problems, just tired.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:58 am

Jennifer wrote:Sent an SMS to elder boy on Friday late afternoon : u ok?

Got his reply this morning when I turned on the phone : Fine, no problems, just tired.

:lol: think I could completely understand that...me has been very bad with reporting to my mom nowadays esp when she knows that we were travelling so few times I kinda got to apologise and find excuses when mom called up :oops:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Sent an SMS to elder boy on Friday late afternoon : u ok?

:lol: think I could completely understand that...me has been very bad with reporting to my mom nowadays esp when she knows that we were travelling so few times I kinda got to apologise and find excuses when mom called up :oops:

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 am

My ds went for cca camp fr Friday to sat evening
No HP contact at all
I got a taste of mini NS - but he switched on the phone on silent mode in hs bag. Ds not allowed to bathe , wash , brush teeth ..smelly boys.. Lol

So I could trace him via technology , some form of comfort to see the signal :)

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:26 am

Elder boy SMS last night that he managed 3 sets of uniforms for the 6 days field camp, instead of one set per day.

Less to wash.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Was talking to my friend whose son was enlisted on the same day as yr ds1 on Monday. Only then did i realise that the field camp that u were talking abt is the toughest part of BMT -the one where the recruits have to learn to survive in the wild, cannot bath and have to sleep in the trenches that they dug. Oh... u r one cool mommy. I will be extremely anxious and worried when it rained continually and heavily on last friday when the boys were in the field. Luckily it happened at the end of the filed camp. Glad that yr ds has coped well with the field trip and thank you for yr wonderful and generous sharing in this forum. So did yr son manage to read the letter written by u during the filed trip. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:Was talking to my friend whose son was enlisted on the same day as yr ds1 on Monday. Only then did i realise that the field camp that u were talking abt is the toughest part of BMT -the one where the recruits have to learn to survive in the wild, cannot bath and have to sleep in the trenches that they dug. Oh... u r one cool mommy. I will be extremely anxious and worried when it rained continually and heavily on last friday when the boys were in the field. Luckily it happened at the end of the filed camp. Glad that yr ds has coped well with the field trip and thank you for yr wonderful and generous sharing in this forum. So did yr son manage to read the letter written by u during the filed trip. :)

:rotflmao:

I kept calling it a field trip that elder boy kept rolling his eyes and told me numerous times : mum, it is not field trip, it is field camp lah.

I yet to ask him about the letter.

Actually I did not write much in the letter, just a simple 儿子,加油! next to a photocopied fridge magnet which he made a few years ago.

Hubby wrote a paragraph of 6 lines (?)

What did your friend's boy say about the camp? Siong?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Actually I began to feel more anxious when it started to rain non-stop on Thursday.

Before we drove elder boy to the bookin before the camp date on 15th, we learnt that the boys were not taught to set up tents. He also did not know how the recruits will be spending the night in the field, is it lie down on the sheet and stare at the open skies looking at moon or stars, what will happen if it rains at night?

When I checked NEA weather and searched the rain direction, I saw the rain came from NE direction, sweeping across Tekong.

I was actually mentally prepared to be informed that elder boy fell sick.

Thankfully, he said he is fine.

I yet to speak to him on the phone, so unable to tell from his voice whether he is really fine or not.

He will be booking out this weekend.

Next will be to prepare for the overnight road march on 8th March.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres