Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby PiggyLalala » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Good to hear that yr ds has 顺顺地survived the field camp. Hope that it will be the same for my ds. My other friend's son who was posted to the commando unit fell ill on the second last day of the camp. He had fever but he still tahan till the camp finished. Then he reported sick... something like that..... can they bring own panadol or medicated oil to the field trip?

Yep...before i forget... all the best and good luck to yr ds A Level results on 4/3. :rahrah: :rahrah:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:23 pm

I think can bring medicine on the field camp, but must be prescribed in his name, cos elder boy said he started to experience some coughing and quickly took some cough medicine. Luckily the condition did not worsen. Some recruits had fever.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:08 am

During yesterday's dinner, elder boy was sharing some snippets of his army days.

Heard that one company has HFMD outbreak :sweat:

The female recruits on scholarships receive at least double monthly allowance compared to enlisted boys

Heartpain food wastage after the field camp

Holes dug for passing bowel become a landfill mini hill towards the end of field camp - lesson learnt: better have regular bowel movement during the start of the field camp, else very :sick: towards the end when the pile becomes taller

One section saw a wild boar during the field camp. Instructions- to run in zig zag pattern if the wild board chases after you.

Bring along a sturdy scrub clothes brush to wash the dirty uniforms after the field camp.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 am

Yes, prescribed medication is fine from what I know.

Taller pile sounds :sick: la, Jennifer! But mebbe if they swirl it around as they pipe, it might fit the regular dimensions of the dug-up land mines. :idea:

Reminds me of the day when chubs referred to the dog poop we saw on a grass patch as cupcake poop swirls. :sick: Everyone gave their loudest EEEEWWW.. :razz: Suffice to say, no one was up for any muffins or cupcakes for quite some time.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:31 am

buds wrote:Yes, prescribed medication is fine from what I know.

Taller pile sounds :sick: la, Jennifer! But mebbe if they swirl it around as they pipe, it might fit the regular dimensions of the dug-up land mines. :idea:

Reminds me of the day when chubs referred to the dog poop we saw on a grass patch as cupcake poop swirls. :sick: Everyone gave their loudest EEEEWWW.. :razz: Suffice to say, no one was up for any muffins or cupcakes for quite some time.

Ahem, soft serve ice cream :siam:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:33 am

Jennifer wrote:Ahem, soft serve ice cream :siam:

Bwaaaarggh! Image

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:03 pm

As yesterday morning and afternoon was busy period, I did not have time to do a bowel movement. After the dinner, I kept getting stomachache. Tahan till I reached KAP MRT station and rushed to use the toilet.

Not normal, gassy and watery.

Reached home and used the toilet many times. Took a probiotics pill before I turned in for the night.

Had to put my bolster over my tummy (to keep warm) to sleep through the night, still hearing myself farting all the time.

Luckily I felt better this morning.

All I remember was I had a normal breakfast at home, skipped lunch as I did not cook and used Friday leftovers to prepare lunch for elder boy. Ate a snack bought from a stall @ BTSC.

Maybe it is the snack.

Now that the weather is hotter again, we better be careful of what we eat outside as food can become bad easily.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:20 pm

The uniform shirt and pants have this loop which can go through the clothes hanger hook, no need to use clothes pegs to secure on the clothes hanger.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Before elder boy was enlisted, he organized a bbq session at our estate for a few of his CCA mates. One was in charge of ordering the food from a bbq caterer to be delivered directly to our place. We had a copy of the order form and in the form this person's name and mobile phone number are printed.

When I realized I yet to mail out the letter for the field camp, I contemplated whether to contact this CCA mate to ask her whether she and the other CCA mates would like to write a few lines of encouragement for elder boy. But on second thoughts elder boy's 不要麻烦别人 mentality, I did not do so.

Yesterday I told elder boy about my original plan. Guess what he said: well, it would be nice if I had gone ahead with the plan.

Anyway, he was grateful that I had such thought in the first place.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres