Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:15 am

Jennifer wrote:Image

This bottle of mixed nuts is on the dining table.

Monkeys have very acute sense of smell. When I was holidaying at a nature reserve, saw an entire troop of monkeys climbing all over a car because the owner had left a bag of fruits inside it.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:20 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Image

This bottle of mixed nuts is on the dining table.

Monkeys have very acute sense of smell. When I was holidaying at a nature reserve, saw an entire troop of monkeys climbing all over a car because the owner had left a bag of fruits inside it.

:yikes:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:24 am

:cry:
I too couldn't stop the tears .If the tragedy happened when the unit followed SOP then it is a different story but such blatant break in procedure , yet no accountability. The Judge is happens to an acquaintance, held him in high regard ...

I cannot fathom the pain of this mother , pray that she receives some peace and solace

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:27 am

Sun_2010 wrote:

:cry:
I too couldn't stop the tears .If the tragedy happened when the unit followed SOP then it is a different story but such blatant break in procedure , yet no accountability. The Judge is happens to an acquaintance, held him in high regard ...

I cannot fathom the pain of this mother , pray that she receives some peace and solace

Yes, very sad. Pains me to read this mum's loss of son since the tragedy was reported some time back.

To me, the resultant accident is caused by an irresponsible act. Was very upset to see the defendants' lawyer using a clause in the law to get the defendants getting a "scot free" sentence.

I hope the defendants do their part to make up to this mum.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:
schweppes wrote::congrats: Jennifer. Very happy for u and elder boy :lol:

:thankyou:

Actually I did not do anything for him ever since he auto pilot from P5 onwards.

Congrats, jennifer. I think u have done a great job. By letting yr ds to be auto pilot from p5 is already not easy. U need to have courage and have a lot of faith in him. Personally i feel that one of the hardest part of parenting is to have faith in our child, letting it go and allow them space and time to grow. Not easy, sometimes to stand behind them, to watch and not do much....need self control and discipline.....

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Trust me, that decision was not easy. We had a turbulence period when he was in P4, almost fought daily over school work. From being a full time coaching mother, I stopped all home coaching before he started P5. It was either float on his own or sink on his own. Fortunately he had very good school teachers and the peers in the class were motivated lot of children.

I wish I could do so with ah boy too. This little boy has time mgt and self discipline issues :roll:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Jennifer wrote:Trust me, that decision was not easy. We had a turbulence period when he was in P4, almost fought daily over school work. From being a full time coaching mother, I stopped all home coaching before he started P5. It was either float on his own or sink on his own. Fortunately he had very good school teachers and the peers in the class were motivated lot of children.

I wish I could do so with ah boy too. This little boy has time mgt and self discipline issues :roll:

Juz curious.. So ur auto pilot means he plan, does his own assessment books and mark it by himself??

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:45 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Trust me, that decision was not easy. We had a turbulence period when he was in P4, almost fought daily over school work. From being a full time coaching mother, I stopped all home coaching before he started P5. It was either float on his own or sink on his own. Fortunately he had very good school teachers and the peers in the class were motivated lot of children.

Juz curious.. So ur auto pilot means he plan, does his own assessment books and mark it by himself??

:rotflmao:

I bought a few assessment books to prepare him for P5. Ended up mostly untouched becos the school gave so much homework everyday.

Auto pilot means he decided when to do school work, how much to revise, how much time for FnZ.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Tats a huge burden off if kids can diy their own studies.

Wat abt tuitions or enrichment classes? Does ur kids attend any? If no.. Then u really save up a lot wor *envy*

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:59 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:Tats a huge burden off if kids can diy their own studies.

Wat abt tuitions or enrichment classes? Does ur kids attend any? If no.. Then u really save up a lot wor *envy*

We spent quite a bit of money too.

Pre-sch - abacus at cc
Mid P1 - I can Read
P2 - Jan & Elly
P3 - Morris Allen
P4 - Catherine Khoo's writing centre (a school holiday programme)
P5 to sec 4 - HMT tuition

I believe elder boy found his own magic formula of how to study effectively and efficiently, except for HMT.

2 years of not reading Chinese materials, he has forgotten so many. When he is back from doing BMT, he is going (my order) to read Chinese Reader's Digest before he turns into a true kantang :mad:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres