Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Apr 20,
Total Likes:3

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by kids_r_innocent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 pm

So it's true to a certain extent, even in this era, that if one wants to study, he/she doesn't need any tuition or nagging.. He/She can still excel de.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:08 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:So it's true to a certain extent, even in this era, that if one wants to study, he/she doesn't need any tuition or nagging.. He/She can still excel de.

I think it also boils down to personality.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Last Friday, ah boy chose to break a piece of not so good news to us while we were walking to Tim Ho Wan for dinner.

He just passed the recent Maths test, highest score in class was 2 or 3 marks above the passing grade.

Dun ask me how difficult the test questions are.

I can recognise the numbers and some symbols, but I surely cant understand their relationships when string together :lol:

I left the matter till today to ask him exactly how he managed to just pass the test paper (elder boy and hubby not at home).

He said some concepts he was wrong, some careless mistakes here and there.

Now I am on a lookout for a Maths centre or a Maths tutor who can do an assessment of ah boy's understanding of Maths concepts covered in school and then give a crash course - preferably a few consecutive days, not more than a week.

If anyone knows of such centre or tutor, kindly please pm me.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11049
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:202

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Jennifer wrote:
kids_r_innocent wrote:So it's true to a certain extent, even in this era, that if one wants to study, he/she doesn't need any tuition or nagging.. He/She can still excel de.

I think it also boils down to personality.
And ability and interest.

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Apr 20,
Total Likes:3

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by kids_r_innocent » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:37 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
kids_r_innocent wrote:So it's true to a certain extent, even in this era, that if one wants to study, he/she doesn't need any tuition or nagging.. He/She can still excel de.

I think it also boils down to personality.
And ability and interest.
So it's 天时地利人和 :lol:


Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4748
Joined: Mon Feb 22,
Total Likes:151

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Sun_2010 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:33 pm

:congrats: Jen and ur DS

One more hurdle crossed. :rahrah: :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Sun_2010 wrote::congrats: Jen and ur DS

One more hurdle crossed. :rahrah: :rahrah:

:smile:

yap, come this Wednesday, it is another milestone reached.

We will know his unit posting later.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 10816
Joined: Mon Jul 18,
Total Likes:16

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by MrsKiasu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:29 pm

If only I could let go...guess I m paying my dues now.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11049
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:202

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:36 am

MrsKiasu wrote:If only I could let go...guess I m paying my dues now.
Your kids are so much younger than Jennifer's - you can't really compare? Just let go a little at a time.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:39 am

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:If only I could let go...guess I m paying my dues now.
Your kids are so much younger than Jennifer's - you can't really compare? Just let go a little at a time.

Totally agreed.

Each child has his/her own pace. Some faster, some a bit slower than what we as parents would like.

Locked