Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat May 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Read from the NS thread abt yr boy's medical review today.
Hope that with the weekly physiotherapy, his lower back pain will go away and that he resumes his NS journey smoothly. Also hope that his spinal issue is a minor one and with proper spinal care, the issue will be resolved

"this child is kinda difficult, .... ' this phrase brings me quite a bit of 感触
养儿一百岁,长忧九十九。。。。。 all parents especially the mothers will agree..

Happy mother's day to you, jennifer and also to all the mothers, including myself. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat May 07, 2016 11:19 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:Read from the NS thread abt yr boy's medical review today.
Hope that with the weekly physiotherapy, his lower back pain will go away and that he resumes his NS journey smoothly. Also hope that his spinal issue is a minor one and with proper spinal care, the issue will be resolved

"this child is kinda difficult, .... ' this phrase brings me quite a bit of 感触
养儿一百岁,长忧九十九。。。。。 all parents especially the mothers will agree..

Happy mother's day to you, jennifer and also to all the mothers, including myself. :)

:thankyou:

I never knew spinal issues can be a hereditary trait. Thought I heard wrongly the first time, even asked the doctor to repeat what he said. When I asked whether the condition can be healed, he cleverly skirted my question.

Elder boy is kinda disappointed after he googled and realized that there is no permanent cure, except constant strengthening of core muscles to support the spine so that the condition does not deteriorate too quickly.

He has a mild bow legs condition just like the grandpa and father. I wonder whether having bow legs put a person in a higher chance of getting spinal issues.

Luckily the spinal issues are mild and we discovered it early rather than wait for the NUH MRI appointment in June.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 08, 2016 7:21 am

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/barrymanilow/onevoice.html

A very meaningful song One Voice by Barry Manilow.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=SG&v=FKPWzLgvgW4][/youtube]

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun May 08, 2016 8:32 am

Jennifer wrote:http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/barrymanilow/onevoice.html

A very meaningful song One Voice by Barry Manilow.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=SG&v=FKPWzLgvgW4][/youtube]

Very old song! From my teenage days.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 am

Jennifer wrote:I never knew spinal issues can be a hereditary trait.

Just about everything has some hereditary element. It's just that many are not "problems" and so are not really remarked on. To me, it's just a reminder that it's pointless to expect things to be "perfect", it's good enough to be within the wider definition of what is "normal" and accept our imperfections.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun May 08, 2016 9:39 am

:snuggles: anything about our children will really make us parents worry..hope that it is a very mild one and with early detection at least some precautions could be taken.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 10, 2016 12:28 pm

In the past, I always need to clear mucus from my nose in the morning and I cannot stay inside an air con environment without getting a nose block.

I bought this sometimes in Jan and add it to my morning beverage almost daily. Portion is less than a 1/4 tsp spoon.

These days I find myself not needing to suffer mucus in the morning and my nose is not blocked.

I think back and realized the only change in my diet is consuming this powder.

I do not know whether it will work for you, just sharing what I think is working for me.

I also add it to ah boy's morning beverage now, hopefully it will work for him.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

In the past, I always need to clear mucus from my nose in the morning and I cannot stay inside an air con environment without getting a nose block.

I bought this sometimes in Jan and add it to my morning beverage almost daily. Portion is less than a 1/4 tsp spoon.

These days I find myself not needing to suffer mucus in the morning and my nose is not blocked.

I do not know whether it will work for you, just sharing what I think is working for me.

How does it taste like? bitter? powdery? Is it best to consume it in the morning or any time of the time? Thinking of buying it for my boys....But not sure if they will drink it..Is it expensive? Sorry for asking so many questions and thank you for sharing. :smile:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm

This is good if you believe in TCM.

I used to grind the components into powder and used it when making porridge for kids when they are toddlers.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:

How does it taste like? bitter? powdery? Is it best to consume it in the morning or any time of the time? Thinking of buying it for my boys....But not sure if they will drink it..Is it expensive? Sorry for asking so many questions and thank you for sharing. :smile:

I add it to my morning hot beverage of milo powder+brown sugar. It has a slight nutty taste. Ye to take it as it is with plain water as suggested on the bottle. Dun think it is expensive though I can't remember the exact price. I won't have bought it if it is expensive :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres