Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MyPillow » Thu May 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Jennifer wrote:Sick still must work.

Popped a fedac and panadol and slept early last night. Only woke up when ah boy's alarm clock rang this morning.

The panadol helped to lessen the body ache.

I had ginger tea too. Now not sneezing or getting running nose, but the irritating coughing.


fedac and panadol ( paracetamol) can take at same time ?
this is my bugging qn, but always forget to ask doc .
fedac is always effective for me , stuffynose

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby sun sun sun » Thu May 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi MyPillow, I have been taking these 2 drugs together quite often. Think should be ok.

Hope you are feeling better Jennifer!

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Sick still must work.

Popped a fedac and panadol and slept early last night. Only woke up when ah boy's alarm clock rang this morning.

The panadol helped to lessen the body ache.

I had ginger tea too. Now not sneezing or getting running nose, but the irritating coughing.


fedac and panadol ( paracetamol) can take at same time ?
this is my bugging qn, but always forget to ask doc .
fedac is always effective for me , stuffynose



Dun frighten me leh.

I was KO quite quickly last night.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Not cooking today.

Need to go wet mkt tomorrow morning to replenish the freezer.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Thu May 19, 2016 6:32 pm

MyPillow wrote:fedac and panadol ( paracetamol) can take at same time ?
this is my bugging qn, but always forget to ask doc .
fedac is always effective for me , stuffynose

Just looked it up. Fedac contains an antihistamine (for allergies) and pseudoephedrine (decongestant for nose issues), so no duplication with paracetamol. In fact, many cold medicines contain all 3 types of drugs.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 19, 2016 6:35 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MyPillow wrote:fedac and panadol ( paracetamol) can take at same time ?
this is my bugging qn, but always forget to ask doc .
fedac is always effective for me , stuffynose

Just looked it up. Fedac contains an antihistamine (for allergies) and pseudoephedrine (decongestant for nose issues), so no duplication with paracetamol. In fact, many cold medicines contain all 3 types of drugs.



Thank you so much.

Not likely to take any medicine tonight since the body aches is more bearable today and the nose seems to have recovered.

Been drinking very warm water today, so coughing lesser now too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Jennifer wrote:Thank you so much.

Not likely to take any medicine tonight since the body aches is more bearable today and the nose seems to have recovered.

Been drinking very warm water today, so coughing lesser now too.

See how you feel. I usually find that fever will spike in the evening (paracetamol), nose gets stuffy (pseudoephedrine), and post-nasal drip will irritate my throat when I lie down (antihistamine and cough mixture)! I tend to take more meds at night!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 19, 2016 9:35 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Thank you so much.

Not likely to take any medicine tonight since the body aches is more bearable today and the nose seems to have recovered.

Been drinking very warm water today, so coughing lesser now too.

See how you feel. I usually find that fever will spike in the evening (paracetamol), nose gets stuffy (pseudoephedrine), and post-nasal drip will irritate my throat when I lie down (antihistamine and cough mixture)! I tend to take more meds at night!



You are right, my nose becomes blocked now.

Ah boy told me to take one prednisone.

Kinda funny I have to ask him for advice what medication to take :rotflmao:

Now whenever I cough, I feel a magarine headache coming on soon.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 am

Jennifer wrote:Ah boy told me to take one prednisone.

Kinda funny I have to ask him for advice what medication to take :rotflmao:

It's a useful skill to be able to self-medicate for common illnesses. Encourage him to learn the generic names and dosages as well so that he is not tied to specific brands (I've come across so many people telling me that you can't get "xxx" in "yyy country"! It's always because they only know the brand name and not the generic name.) Remembering the purposes and side effects, and knowing where to look it up, are useful skills too.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri May 20, 2016 7:15 am

Jennifer, hope you are better today

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14482
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 24


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres