Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Tue May 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Jennifer wrote:It is a nest with a bird and there are 2 tiny bird eggs inside the nest.

Seen the mama bird before? So exciting, having a bird nest at home! :rahrah:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:58 am

Poor bird, someone removed the eggs.

Whoever did it did not bother to leave a note for me.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:05 am

:sad:

Oh you mean the tree is outside your house? I thought it was really small tree in your balcony.

Ermmm... the one that took the eggs might not be a someone but a something. Snakes, rodents or other small mammals.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MyPillow » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:52 am

Funz wrote::sad:

Oh you mean the tree is outside your house? I thought it was really small tree in your balcony.

Ermmm... the one that took the eggs might not be a someone but a something. Snakes, rodents or other small mammals.

oh dear, mama bird may not come back anymore , sad for it :(

something is scary lei - "snakes" , just outside the balcony :sweat:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:15 am

We live on the 6th floor, cannot be some other animals.

I need a ladder to get to the nest.

I am going down to the management office to find out.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:19 am

MyPillow wrote:

oh dear, mama bird may not come back anymore , sad for it :(

something is scary lei - "snakes" , just outside the balcony :sweat:

I am usually at home. But was away in the late afternoon yesterday. I also did not check whether the adult bird was still sitting in the nest when I was back. Only noticed it was not in the nest when I came back after dinner.

Then this morning I opened the door to collect the newspaper, also did not see it there, which prompted me to check the nest.

Two tiny eggs gone, no trace of broken shells. That's why I concluded must be a person, not some other animals who took the eggs away.

Now I am contemplating to move the tree to the balcony and the small pots to the corridor outside my unit.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 am

the nest is an art piece!

One of my off-site offices has a little bird-nest too. I see the parent birds flying in and out of the nest. I was told there were 2 little birds inside the nest.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 pm

I've had birds nesting in my trees before.

There was once I saw the site inspection happening then came the site approval and the construction and moving in. Before long, I hear constant chirping and when I go near the nest, the chirping will stop. When I move away, after some time, the chirping will resume. Sometimes when I tend my plants near the nest, the mummy and daddy bird will hover nearby flapping their wings and chirping loudly.

A few times I found the nest abandoned. A few times, kiddos find a nest on my patio floor, most probably being knocked off the tree by some predator or the neighbourhood cats.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:30 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: poor eggs and mummy bird...

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Funz wrote:I've had birds nesting in my trees before.

There was once I saw the site inspection happening then came the site approval and the construction and moving in. Before long, I hear constant chirping and when I go near the nest, the chirping will stop. When I move away, after some time, the chirping will resume. Sometimes when I tend my plants near the nest, the mummy and daddy bird will hover nearby flapping their wings and chirping loudly.

A few times I found the nest abandoned. A few times, kiddos find a nest on my patio floor, most probably being knocked off the tree by some predator or the neighbourhood cats.

We did not even know of its existence until a few days ago. The birds were very quiet in their undertaking :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres