Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:45 pm

This morning the circuit board went pop.

After turning on the main switch, we realized the fridge is not working.

Was about to call for service, then decided to check on the steamer. Off the steamer switch (was steaming something before the circuit pop) and switched on the fridge.

Heng, fridge works.

Meaning the steamer caused the circuit break. Some weeks ago, elder boy cut the wire and extended the length so that I can place the steamer away from the hob while I cook.

Luckily did not cause any major accident.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Jennifer wrote:This morning the circuit board went pop.

Was about to call for service, then decided to check on the steamer. Off the steamer switch (was steaming something before the circuit pop) and switched on the fridge.

Heng, fridge works.

Meaning the steamer caused the circuit break. Some weeks ago, elder boy cut the wire and extended the length so that I can place the steamer away from the hob while I cook.

Lucky you isolated the problem.

In general for household wiring, I do not think a joint in the wiring is advisable . Some equipments have a quite a high starting current , which can melt the insulation tape around the joint . Even otherwise a loose tape, bad quality tape, aging etc can cause this problem.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntiexxx » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Jennifer wrote:This morning the circuit board went pop.

Heng, fridge works.

Jennifer, if I recall correctly, I remember reading somewhere that you have an Europace 20-litre steamer. I had the same one till last week when I heard "mini-explosion sound" when I switched it on, followed by sparks. I turned the steamer upside down later and found some melted parts underneath. I suspect that there is something wrong with the internal wiring. Needless to say, I have since discarded it. I would suggest that you either check that steamer or discard it.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:12 pm

:yikes:

I was cooking and steaming one day when elder boy came into the kitchen and noticed the steam was blowing at me, so he offered to extend the wiring.

In my heart, I told myself that it is not a good idea to do so. But I still let him tried it out.

I thought I just keep an extra eye on the steamer when in use.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Bought these cos the metal boxes are so cute.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:12 am

Arranged a 4 lessons Maths coaching package for ah boy at Beauty World. :xedfingers: the sessions will help to consolidate his foundation.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:06 am

Jennifer wrote::yikes:

I was cooking and steaming one day when elder boy came into the kitchen and noticed the steam was blowing at me, so he offered to extend the wiring.

In my heart, I told myself that it is not a good idea to do so. But I still let him tried it out.

I thought I just keep an extra eye on the steamer when in use.

Do be careful Jennifer. My appliance was tripping the circuit a couple of times of my unit whenever I switched it on before the circuit for my floor was blown. Not sure if there was a link as I was also, coincidentally, switching using it then. :roll:

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Jennifer
How is the bird nest at your place?

I mentioned at one of my workplaces has a bird nest. The 2 little birds are old enough to leave their nest to look for food. It is fun to leave them flying around though my colleagues are not amused with their droppings.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:40 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
How is the bird nest at your place?

I mentioned at one of my workplaces has a bird nest. The 2 little birds are old enough to leave their nest to look for food. It is fun to leave them flying around though my colleagues are not amused with their droppings.

The eggs were gone.

The adult bird did not come back.

I cut the stem off and placed the nest at the balcony, next to my planter bench.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres