Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Funz wrote:Good to have kids who are observant and know what the inside of the plug should look like.

I think I would not have thought twice why the plug could be hot. Actually I would have thought that it is normal for it to be a bit warm to the touch. Even I were to open up the thing I won't know if it was properly assembled.

Elder boy went to the hardware shop to buy a new plug and the extension head to connect the wire and I now have a brand new one extension :smile:

I too think it is good to pick up such skills.

He fixed the Europace steamer that short circuited some time ago when he extended the wire for me.

Only downside, I can't buy new electrical appliances so readily now :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Good to have kids who are observant and know what the inside of the plug should look like.

I think I would not have thought twice why the plug could be hot. Actually I would have thought that it is normal for it to be a bit warm to the touch. Even I were to open up the thing I won't know if it was properly assembled.

Elder boy went to the hardware shop to buy a new plug and the extension head to connect the wire and I now have a brand new one extension :smile:

He fixed the Europace steamer that short circuited some time ago when he extended the wire for me.

Where does elder boy learn all these?

Till now, I still don't even know how to change a light bulb.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:20 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Where does elder boy learn all these?

Till now, I still don't even know how to change a light bulb.

Internet, books and from friends.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:25 am

Jennifer
with the Safety mark, still got prob?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:29 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
with the Safety mark, still got prob?

The photo is the brand new one.

I do not think an appliance with a safety mark gives 100% assurance as I heard that the QC is only a sample testing, not entire batch 100% testing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Jen, your elder is good. Got initiative. Think my hubby learned from his dad last time(?) . Or guys will auto know (find ways) how to do it :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:39 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Jen, your elder is good. Got initiative. Think my hubby learned from his dad last time(?) . Or guys will auto know (find ways) how to do it :lol:

I learned from my dad, but I don't think my brother did because he was never interested. My husband learned from various people (his brother, me, reading up) but handles most of it now. This is reminding me that I need to teach my daughters!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Jen, your elder is good. Got initiative. Think my hubby learned from his dad last time(?) . Or guys will auto know (find ways) how to do it :lol:

I learned from my dad, but I don't think my brother did because he was never interested. My husband learned from various people (his brother, me, reading up) but handles most of it now. This is reminding me that I need to teach my daughters!

Always good to learn, like a life skills.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:46 am

大动肝火 yesterday, unable to sleep peacefully, woke up around 3+ am and worked till a while ago.

Kaki, dun ask me what happened.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres