Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:27 am

buds wrote:Maybe you're feeling the initial strain of the virus especially the lethargy. Take care. I observe that ah boy falls sick easily and pretty often.

Ya, he has been falling sick almost every month since start of this year. When I feedback this to the doctor at KKH A&E last Friday night, she brushed it off, saying it is not abnormal.

Can't be right?

He is 15 yo, not 15 months old leh.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:31 am

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:Maybe you're feeling the initial strain of the virus especially the lethargy. Take care. I observe that ah boy falls sick easily and pretty often.

Ya, he has been falling sick almost every month since start of this year. When I feedback this to the doctor at KKH A&E last Friday night, she brushed it off, saying it is not abnormal.

Can't be right?

I think prevention is better than cure. Maybe have a look at his diet, sleep, exercise? A broad multivitamin/mineral supplement may help?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:20 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Can't be right?

I think prevention is better than cure. Maybe have a look at his diet, sleep, exercise? A broad multivitamin/mineral supplement may help?

He is a fussy eater, now sleeping late and still exercising a lot :frustrated:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 am

Jennifer wrote:He is a fussy eater, now sleeping late and still exercising a lot :frustrated:

It's hard to change lifestyle habits at this age unless you can convince him to want to. Perhaps get a broad multivit/mineral supplement to make up for any deficiencies in his diet, at least as a temporary measure. He may be convinced to make changes to his diet as he matures. Sleeping late again is something he has to want to change. How late is he sleeping? My 17yo is sleeping around 11pm now, occasionally nearer 12, and waking before 6am, and she can still manage. She tries to catch a few extra hours in the weekends. My 19yo still sleeps at 10.30pm!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:45 am

Jennifer wrote:

Can't be right?

Not sure if I remember correctly... is he on long term nasal spray? steroid might weaken immune system although ENT doctor always says low doses is safe

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:18 pm

sleepy wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Can't be right?

Not sure if I remember correctly... is he on long term nasal spray? steroid might weaken immune system although ENT doctor always says low doses is safe

We went to the family GP this afternoon. He assured me nasal spray won't cause weak immunity :shrug:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Clearing the apples from last week, adding the soaked raisins :love:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 am

Jennifer wrote:Image

Looks yummy. Drooling.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:09 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Image

Looks yummy. Drooling.

Very rich cake, can't eat a lot at one go.

Surprisingly, ah boy likes it too. I yet to tell him the raisins were soaked in brandy :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:12 am

I have one last serving of the soaked raisins still in the fridge, will wait till elder boy returns from the Taiwan trip to bake for him.

After which, I have no more spare liquor to use.

I would love dark rum soaked raisins, where to buy dark rum for drinking?

I prefer to have real liquor, not those sold in Phoon Huat for baking.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres