Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:19 am

So how is the carrot cake this morning? I've made yam cakes but have yet to try carrot cake. I think carrot cake is a bit trickier because of the liquids in the radish.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 am

Funz wrote:So how is the carrot cake this morning? I've made yam cakes but have yet to try carrot cake. I think carrot cake is a bit trickier because of the liquids in the radish.

Going to pan fry for lunch later :xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:So how is the carrot cake this morning? I've made yam cakes but have yet to try carrot cake. I think carrot cake is a bit trickier because of the liquids in the radish.

Going to pan fry for lunch later :xedfingers:

Rem to save some for us :rahrah:

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:08 am

Nice - drooling le -
One of my yet to try make dish . i wld love the haebee inside ...,home make ingredients are so much better

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Looks pretty.

But:

1. Too much liquid- cannot use for fried carrot cake version as the texture is not firm, too sticky and becomes a big lump of mess during frying. Can only pan fry as above.

2. Not savoury on its own - I used too little salt during the cooking of the batter

3. The radish and carrot does not have its natural sweetness - read that November radish are the best.

4. The radish is cut to match stick thickness which is too thin - cannot taste any radish though I used 370g of it.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Ooh.... Reminds me of my mother's carrot cakes. Time to nudge her to prepare one for us.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:04 am

Hihi Jen and mrskiasu

MrsKiasu wrote:
schweppes wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Schweppes, where is the place ? I m interested in the food too :drool:

Are you living in the East? It's at Katong Shopping Centre

Thanks Jen for the info..hope it wont enbloc soon. I shall find time go there buy makan.

Schweppes, thanks...it's alright. Even marketing places also I go quite a few places.. I go North, West, Central but so far to East usually to buy dds favourite strawberry cakes.

Decided to carry on the conversation here, lest :offtopic: in lao hua yen thread :smile:

Yes Jenn, KSC going to enbloc. Feel kinda sad as that place holds fond memories for me. My Ah Kong and Ah Ma used to bring me there when I was toddler age. Still remember going to Emporium departmental store. Was so fascinated with the make-up and clothes for grownups. KSC was like a People's Park in the East, so the shopping centre sold fabric and there were many tailor shops. My grandma used to buy cloth and then send to tailor to custom make clothes for herself.

Actually KSC has nothing much to offer now - no shopping. Shops are mostly maid agencies and those photocopy shops.Most shoppers prefer to go to Parkway.

Still there are other gems that can be found there. I try to create memories with my girls and we enjoy eating at the chicken rice stall and the local dessert shop. Sometimes, if my schedule permits, I spend some ME time at the dessert shop eating my favourite, "black rice with coconut milk and durian". Utterly sinful but worth the calories. Haha

The dessert shop was started by a former Shatec staff (food was much better under him) but he sold his business to his former student. Quality has dropped somewhat since the shifu left but we still go there once in a while :smile:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 am

Katong Shopping Complex was my favorite childhood days haunt. Yes, the Emporium was fantastic! It had those electronic kits which I love and salivate over. The Gakken EX-150!!!

And of course during my JC days, it has all the photocopying shops for me to pirate all those text books from the library :)

But I haven't stepped inside for years, maybe decades. It does look shabby from the outside now.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:56 am

Oh gosh KSC, my childhood place too. A lot of nice small eateries and the emporium back then. Wonder why it is not as happening as Beauty World Plaza now. These few years I only step in to buy the famous banana pie, or to look for maids at agencies there.

Back then, there was also Tay Ban Guan and Oriental at Haig Road, IKEA and that big cold storage....

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:13 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Katong Shopping Complex was my favorite childhood days haunt. Yes, the Emporium was fantastic! It had those electronic kits which I love and salivate over. The Gakken EX-150!!!

And of course during my JC days, it has all the photocopying shops for me to pirate all those text books from the library :)

But I haven't stepped inside for years, maybe decades. It does look shabby from the outside now.

Shabby on the inside too. I guess KSC is not managed by one of those big names mall operators so not much reno works done.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres