Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Augmum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:35 pm

schweppes wrote:Yes Jenn, KSC going to enbloc. Feel kinda sad as that place holds fond memories for me. My Ah Kong and Ah Ma used to bring me there when I was toddler age. Still remember going to Emporium departmental store. Was so fascinated with the make-up and clothes for grownups. KSC was like a People's Park in the East, so the shopping centre sold fabric and there were many tailor shops. My grandma used to buy cloth and then send to tailor to custom make clothes for herself.

Actually KSC has nothing much to offer now - no shopping. Shops are mostly maid agencies and those photocopy shops.Most shoppers prefer to go to Parkway.

Still there are other gems that can be found there. I try to create memories with my girls and we enjoy eating at the chicken rice stall and the local dessert shop. Sometimes, if my schedule permits, I spend some ME time at the dessert shop eating my favourite, "black rice with coconut milk and durian". Utterly sinful but worth the calories. Haha

ChiefKiasu wrote:Katong Shopping Complex was my favorite childhood days haunt. Yes, the Emporium was fantastic! It had those electronic kits which I love and salivate over. The Gakken EX-150!!!

FantasyLandDreams wrote:Oh gosh KSC, my childhood place too. A lot of nice small eateries and the emporium back then. Wonder why it is not as happening as Beauty World Plaza now. These few years I only step in to buy the famous banana pie, or to look for maids at agencies there.

FantasyLandDreams wrote:Back then, there was also Tay Ban Guan and Oriental at Haig Road, IKEA and that big cold storage....

Omg, KSC certainly brings back to me many fond memories...Yup...a childhood fav place...
Haha, yes, I enjoyed going to that Emporium too...
Not forgetting Ikea n CS opp...

They hv been talking abt Enbloc for many years liao...but attempts were unsuccessful...
I hv not been visiting this SC for yrs...wonder when it will be torn down... It's Sad to see it gone !!
Last edited by Augmum on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I find AwfullyChocolate expensive :oops:

Today hubby brought me to Daorae Korean BBQ restaurant opposite Aeon Bukit Indah.

Very good food, the octopus was really big, fleshier than our palm.

The cold buckwheat noodles with pear is delicious.

The side dishes also yummy.

We then proceeded to the shopping mall to buy some mooncakes.

The flesh durian paste mooncakes are very expensive, I saw one selling at RM30+ and another RM50+

The cheaper ones are processed durian paste, not fresh durian paste. We bought only the traditional ones.

The sales lady is very kind, loaned to us her Aeon member card to get 10% off each mooncake.

We paid RM77 for 4 pieces, free a red bean traditional mooncake.

O, there is Mei Xin stall too. Not sure how is the prices compared to the Sg stall.

Jen, u mean Mei Xin stall is in AEON Bukit Indah mall ?
I like that shopping mall...big n spacious ... gives me a very relaxing feel there...

Oh, i hv yet to try the eateries opp Bukit Indah...but i read a good review of Daorae Korean BBQ...n now yr verdict...
Everytime, we would hv our dinner at the seafood restuarant near the Causeway...juz before driving back ...since yr hubby loves crabs...their seafood there is fresh n cheap...also highly recommend to try their signature fried "San Low" Vermicelli...as what they called...one of the best fried bee hoon i ever tried...( a tad of oily though but really yummy!!)...

Yap, there is a MeiXin stall at the mooncake fair in Aeon Bt Indah. We walked around, then chanced upon the few stalls. I find the fair not as organised as those in Sg whereby all the stalls are found in an atrium. Maybe Aeon is too big, so there are a few stalls at this place, at that place. Really need to walk around to find the stalls.

Today was my second visit at this mall, so I am unable to give specific whereabout of the MeiXin stall, paiseh.

As for the crabs, I seriously doubt hubby will go, he always says not very safe to go here or there.

He is very kind to bring me to Aeon today :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Jennifer wrote:Yap, there is a MeiXin stall at the mooncake fair in Aeon Bt Indah. We walked around, then chanced upon the few stalls. I find the fair not as organised as those in Sg whereby all the stalls are found in an atrium. Maybe Aeon is too big, so there are a few stalls at this place, at that place. Really need to walk around to find the stalls.

Today was my second visit at this mall, so I am unable to give specific whereabout of the MeiXin stall, paiseh.

As for the crabs, I seriously doubt hubby will go, he always says not very safe to go here or there.

Ah i c...thanks...Yes, that shopping mall is really too big...

Sounds familiar to me as i also often hear those words fr my hub " dont go here or dont go there, not very safe "...
Since that causeway restaurant is very near to the causeway, often packed with Singaporeans...
But yes, hv to be more vigilant when gets across the causeway...some SC there i will avoid...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Korean ready food - chestnut and red bean porridge, sweet, not savoury, more like a dessert. Think the price is $3+

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Yap, there is a MeiXin stall at the mooncake fair in Aeon Bt Indah. We walked around, then chanced upon the few stalls. I find the fair not as organised as those in Sg whereby all the stalls are found in an atrium. Maybe Aeon is too big, so there are a few stalls at this place, at that place. Really need to walk around to find the stalls.

Sounds familiar to me as i also often hear those words fr my hub " dont go here or dont go there, not very safe "...
Since that causeway restaurant is very near to the causeway, often packed with Singaporeans...
But yes, hv to be more vigilant when gets across the causeway...some SC there i will avoid...

Augmum,

The seafood eating place is near the Woodlands causeway? Not Tuas 2nd Link right?

Hubby asked me to ask.

I told him you mentioned Causeway, so should be the one near Woodlands, not Tuas. But he says to confirm :shrug:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 am

Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:

Augmum,

The seafood eating place is near the Woodlands causeway? Not Tuas 2nd Link right?

Hubby asked me to ask.

I told him you mentioned Causeway, so should be the one near Woodlands, not Tuas. But he says to confirm :shrug:

Yes Jen, ...correct..i was referring to woodlands causeway...
The seafood restaurant is located within the Duty Free Zone...opp of Berjaya Waterfront hotel...

Actually, i am not sure of the restaurant name...didnt pay attention to it...so i went to google for it.. it is called Tai Son restaurant..I could recogise the setting of the restaurant...
Apparently, there is another restaurant named "San low" restuarant which also serves their signature dish of fried vermicelli...which i mentioned in my previous post...hence, i reckon this dish of fried vermicelli ( it is actually fried bee hoon, not "dong fen" ... pressed fried till its surface is fragranced n soaked with wok hei) is also a signature dish for other seafood restaurants there...But the place i was referring to is NOT "San low" restaurant"...

More abt this restaurant...
They hv both the outdoor seating n the air- con seating...we prefer the outdoor seating as there was Live singing ( dunno if they still hv it now) but the outdoor area was rather dim...

Oh, pls avoid going there on weekends...it will be damn packed with pple.. Longgg waiting time...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 am

Augmum,

Many thanks.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm