Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ammonite » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:14 pm

They are lovely! I wish I get enough sun to plant more of them.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:34 pm

I wish I have a larger space to plant more of these.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:12 pm

I wish I could do gardening..but now my hands already screaming for hand lotion.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 pm

I break out in rashes if I handle soil and do too much gardening but I still do it. Just take the necessary precautions. Wear gloves, wash hands thoroughly, take antihistamines. Ha.

Gardening in our urban set up and very limited space does not take that much of a toll on your hands. You don't need to keep pruning or handling soil all the time. Most of the time, you just water the plants and wait patiently for them to grow. At times, just cut them back a little. If growing non-edibles, then no issues with using chemical pesticides to keep pests away.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Think i washed my hands too frequently. Wash with mama lemon somemore coz i always walk back to my kitchen to wash hand. Wash dishes without using gloves bad habit.

Yesterday went shopping for plates etc..carry heavy things coz I went back there second round and I was the last one to pay. So need to walk to the end entrance and U turn to the carpark..now muscle ache. I keep thinking of TA..cannot carry things :smile:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Too bad people like us cannot wait for our DH to be there to carry stuff for us. Yours is not is Singapore that often and mine is away very often. :smile:

I think I am really fortunate already. I can afford a car and am able to drive so heavy stuff and all, at most is from shop to car and car to home. Imagine people who don't drive, when they do marketing. I tried walking to market to buy a bit of stuff and walking home as I did not want the hassle of finding parking space on a weekend. 1kg of kway teow, 10 fishballs, some chye sim, a bunch of bananas and 5 apples. I could feel the ache in my arms and shoulders as I walked home. :sweat:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Was carrying bigger items yesterday. Men is indeed important :razz: Nowadays must remind myself to bring the trolley out. Time to exercise those flabby muscles. Yeah we cant complain already..take public transport I tried before :sweat:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:35 am

MrsKiasu wrote:Think i washed my hands too frequently. Wash with mama lemon somemore coz i always walk back to my kitchen to wash hand. Wash dishes without using gloves bad habit.

Yesterday went shopping for plates etc..carry heavy things coz I went back there second round and I was the last one to pay. So need to walk to the end entrance and U turn to the carpark..now muscle ache. I keep thinking of TA..cannot carry things :smile:

I keep a bottle of moisturiser just outside the kitchen and try to remember to moisturise frequently. I don't like using gloves. My husband still notes that my hands are fairly dry, but I think it's not a bad thing - he knows I've been working!

I don't like to carry heavy things in my hands as they make lots of things hurt, as you mention. I always carry a couple of reusable shopping bags with longer straps which I can sling on my shoulders. That way, I can carry heavier stuff on my shoulders (which can take more weight than hands), and I don't have to struggle with keys etc with hands already overloaded with heavy stuff. And I try to get heavy stuff delivered as far as possible. I rarely shop with my husband as our schedules are different, and I would rather spend the time we have together on other things!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:03 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Wash with mama lemon somemore coz i always walk back to my kitchen to wash hand.

You mustn't do that! Your skin is very hardy to have endured it for so long, I imagine you must have really soft supple skin naturally! Those of us with naturally dry sensitive skin will be wincing from pain and infection by now.

Why not just put another hand soap next to the kitchen sink?

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Funz wrote:I break out in rashes if I handle soil and do too much gardening but I still do it. Just take the necessary precautions. Wear gloves, wash hands thoroughly, take antihistamines. Ha.

:udawoman:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres