Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MyPillow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:12 pm

ammonite wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Wash with mama lemon somemore coz i always walk back to my kitchen to wash hand.

You mustn't do that! Your skin is very hardy to have endured it for so long, I imagine you must have really soft supple skin naturally! Those of us with naturally dry sensitive skin will be wincing from pain and infection by now.

Why not just put another hand soap next to the kitchen sink?

I use dove or Johnson bb bath for hand washing . I dun have
Sensitive or dry skin but like the rich milky texture .

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:31 pm

ammonite wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Wash with mama lemon somemore coz i always walk back to my kitchen to wash hand.

You mustn't do that! Your skin is very hardy to have endured it for so long, I imagine you must have really soft supple skin naturally! Those of us with naturally dry sensitive skin will be wincing from pain and infection by now.

Why not just put another hand soap next to the kitchen sink?

Normal days easily 10times of hand washing/dishes with that and if handle meat, easily 3 more times from opening the plastic bag to clean the meat and put into fridge/wok..yes, since last week, I could feel the pulling sensation of the skin. I used a lot of lotions when I was younger but after the kids, I don't really care already coz I don't want contaminate it with their food and also always think no need to put la, will need to wash hands shortly later.

Smooth hands may be history case, but I do eat a lot of fats :wink:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Mrs ks, agree with cooking n prep food , I OSO wash dunno how many times a day. Mayb set aside 1 hr no hand washing n u coat ur hands with heavy cream ;p

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:39 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Normal days easily 10times of hand washing/dishes with that and if handle meat, easily 3 more times from opening the plastic bag to clean the meat and put into fridge/wok..yes, since last week, I could feel the pulling sensation of the skin. I used a lot of lotions when I was younger but after the kids, I don't really care already coz I don't want contaminate it with their food and also always think no need to put la, will need to wash hands shortly later.

You can always wash your hand s before handling food, and in any case, creams that are used on hands and bare skin can't be that toxic. And your kids aren't babies any more. Also, even if the creams are on your skin just an hour or so before the next washing, some will get absorbed. I may not moisturise my hands often during the day, maybe just once or twice, but will always do it last thing at night.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:50 pm

In this aspect, I think I am horrible. The only time I moisturise my hands regularly is when I am overseas where it is winter. I don't cook everyday so not so bad I guess. But on weekends when I do cook, yes, I wash my hands very regularly and like Mrs KS, I wash with whatever dishwashing liquid I have at the kitchen sink.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sleepy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:11 pm

I wash hands so very frequently too. Countless times! Went to see my dermatologist recently and he was full of sympathy and asked me if I have been doing a lot of house chores again

Very hard to reduce the frequency of washing hands when cooking. Even if not cooking, I will wash hands before eating snack and even when I'm just idling watching tv in case I need to touch my face while watching tv

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:19 pm

sleepy ,can i help to pinch ur hands if u touch your face, i did that to ds :lol:
why must touch face, fingers are so dirty .... i only like to touch my face when doing cleansing n applying face toner, cream etc

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:49 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Normal days easily 10times of hand washing/dishes with that and if handle meat, easily 3 more times from opening the plastic bag to clean the meat and put into fridge/wok..yes, since last week, I could feel the pulling sensation of the skin. I used a lot of lotions when I was younger but after the kids, I don't really care already coz I don't want contaminate it with their food and also always think no need to put la, will need to wash hands shortly later.

You can always wash your hand s before handling food, and in any case, creams that are used on hands and bare skin can't be that toxic. And your kids aren't babies any more. Also, even if the creams are on your skin just an hour or so before the next washing, some will get absorbed. I may not moisturise my hands often during the day, maybe just once or twice, but will always do it last thing at night.

Now got to apply already..applied just now and looks like no worry of residual as the skin is really thirsty nowadays.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Hair flies onto face need sweep away. I have a fan spinning next to me at sofa.
Sometimes side of nose itchy need to scratch mah

I refrain from touching my face unnecessarily must wash hands first before I can touch my face but like that quite 麻烦 need pause my tv, go wash hands then can sweep hair or touch face so I made sure my hands are clean even when idling

So many self imposed rules that's why hard to reduce hand washing frequency

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:09 pm

I used to wash my hands with the dish liquid detergent. Eventually the skin around the fingers protested n torn apart. Since then I put a small bottle of hand wash at the sink, next to the dish liquid detergent.

I also buy those cheap disposable plastic gloves to wear when handling raw meat, cutting down the number of times I need to wash hands.

I also request the butcher or poultry seller to pack into serving portions so that I can immediately keep in the freezer without to further need to cut or touch the raw meat at home.

After shower, I put on the face moisturizing routine and spread the balance onto my hands, around the fingers.

So far so good, skin still dry but no longer break.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres