Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:13 am

Should the gloves..just dropped by the Guardian. Saw gloves but not for kitchen usage..will keep in mind.

Saw the one day offer of primrose oil supplement at 33% off but Guardian brand. Bought one bottle. Long time never take supplements. All big bottles expired in the last 2 years, so wasted... Guess it is time to start taking all these.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:49 am

Bought a third planter box yesterday, cut and replanted the cuttings.

This time, I took cuttings from the first two planter boxes, alternate them in the third planter box. Hopefully each cutting will grow well and I will have alternate colored flowers :xedfingers:

Once the third planter box grows well, I will re- soil the other two planter boxes.

Hubby was saying he does not have the 修身养性 temperament to do such gardening, he will supervise my work and appreciate the flowers only :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 am

Jennifer wrote:Image

Bought a third planter box yesterday, cut and replanted the cuttings.

This time, I took cuttings from the first two planter boxes, alternate them in the third planter box. Hopefully each cutting will grow well and I will have alternate colored flowers :xedfingers:

Once the third planter box grows well, I will re- soil the other two planter boxes.

Hubby was saying he does not have the 修身养性 temperament to do such gardening, he will supervise my work and appreciate the flowers only :rotflmao:

Jen, I was told when I was still very young that those parent (not sure if daddy only) who likes to plant flower will have pretty daughters. But I only see my uncle as evidence so cant confirm.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:23 pm

:love: Nice!

I guess I inherited my planting gene from my paternal grandma. When we were much younger, we lived with grandma and we had a garden where she planted all sorts of plants and herbs. When we moved and grandma lived with eldest uncle, she filled the balcony with beautiful plants and eventually in her old age when she lived with my 3rd aunty, again the corridor was filled with plants. As a kid, I loved helping grandma with her plants whenever we visited but I was not allowed to touch the soil as I will break out in rashes. Dad loves plants too but almost every plant he tried growing died a sad death.

Now I grow mostly herbs and edibles. It started out of practicality and convenience. I like that I don't have to run out to the store to buy things like spring onions or buy a whole bunch of basil when I need only a handful of it. DH say can see which I really treasure more as I will tend to my herbs and edibles a lot more than the ornamental plants.

At least your hubby knows himself well. DH will buy lots of plants and claim that he will take care of them but end up doing nothing and not even realising it when they are gone.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:14 pm

:rotflmao:

I find I prefer gardening to baking, won't put on weight :lol:

I saw at the Far East Flora bread box type of planter for planting edibles. Very tempted to buy one, should be more able to keep out pests. Maybe after I come back from the holiday trip.

We saw some big flower size hibiscus plant (less than $10 a pot, variety of colours) at the nursery, hubby also wanted to buy. Told him maybe after we come back from holidays, else no one to water the pots.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 pm

These days some cup noodles come with separately packed dehydrated noodles, packets of seasonings, garnishes and oil.

I use a thermal food flask to cook the noodles today.

Healthier?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:47 pm

http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes/asparagus-with-fake-fermented-bean-curd-sauce/

I was surfing to compare fermented bean curd and miso and chanced upon this recipe.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:00 pm

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/japanese-bbq-baby-back-ribs.aspx

This recipe calls for cooking the ribs in the stockpot until tender, which is about an hour. Won't the ribs lost its meaty sweetness?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 am

Have a lovely day

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres