Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Jennifer
I do use excel in work bec it is gd for generating charts
If i were the one creating, i am quite particular on the fonts, layout used, to ensure consistency

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Jennifer wrote:Need to vent today.

Last month, I was told that the new staff #1 will take over the administrative duties. I happily prepared the handover materials. Ended up her maid has gone home, she needs to take no pay leave for 2 days each week for a period of 2 months.

So all back to me.

Starting Oct, new staff #2 is supposed to take over the bookkeeping duties. Again, I happily prepared and sat down with her to go through what needs to be done.

Today, she told me she has been reassigned to assist in the group consolidation audit which is going to take how many days she also does not know for sure.

So all back to me.

Cant have all the time to do other tasks I originally lined up.

:frustrated:

I end up tying loose ends for colleagues which irk me as who will help me to tie up my loose ends
I learnt to take things real slow; walk, eat and talk slow to keep my sanity

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:33 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
I do use excel in work bec it is gd for generating charts
If i were the one creating, i am quite particular on the fonts, layout used, to ensure consistency

I am like you in this aspects. I can't work with badly formatted excel worksheets. They drive me crazy

:frustrated:

Now I am thinking how to get the point across to the person.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Each person has his/her preference when using excel

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:38 pm

I am particular about how it is presented. I do get somewhat irritated when the print formatting is not set or when some are wrap text and some are not and the cells are of different height. If in 1 file there are more than 1 spreadsheet, label the spreadsheets clearly, else how would I know if there are more than the 1st spreadsheet that I see. But I get mightily irritated if the formula is wrong or the dates are sometimes dd/mm and sometimes mm/dd or decimals are not consistent. When I received a report I expect the information to be accurate and correct, not end up having to check and correct mistakes.

I get even more irritated when I give someone a template and they mess it up. There's a reason why I created a template so don't go adding your own columns and messing up all my formula.

Worse is when people send me a report involving a lot of numbers and calculation in a word file.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Funz wrote:I am particular about how it is presented. I do get somewhat irritated when the print formatting is not set or when some are wrap text and some are not and the cells are of different height. If in 1 file there are more than 1 spreadsheet, label the spreadsheets clearly, else how would I know if there are more than the 1st spreadsheet that I see. But I get mightily irritated if the formula is wrong or the dates are sometimes dd/mm and sometimes mm/dd or decimals are not consistent. When I received a report I expect the information to be accurate and correct, not end up having to check and correct mistakes.

So I am not alone.

I asked elder boy about this particular excel formatting. Even he would make sure all formats r consistent when he prepares excel worksheet.

And I thought I was being petty.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:26 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Each person has his/her preference when using excel

The person was supposed to prepare the Profit n Loss statement.

Can you imagine she just took the raw report n present as it was! The first line was not Sales figures, but carriage outwards income???

I went blank when I opened the spreadsheet and saw what she sent me.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:33 pm

You gals make me think and try to recall. Don't remember getting frustrated with the font and format. I dont remember bother about it coz I myself not a very organized person :wink: more concern on accuracy of data. Usually have many worksheet/pages in one attachment and some are linked files. I will ask for resend of files only when I find it difficult to check the figures I want to confirm like the summation of various makeup of fig..just don't want to scroll the file North East South West just to double check some data. I guess it will be very frustrated if you need that report as final output or for presentation.

How about asking that person to print it out so that he/she could see it ?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:

Can you imagine she just took the raw report n present as it was! The first line was not Sales figures, but carriage outwards income???

usually the software should be able to give a proper Profit Loss statement?..if your Co is using another format for reporting, can use existing template?..new employee?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Jennifer wrote:

For mine, it includes analysis of data to try to draw a conclusion and hence the presentation is very impt

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres