Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:09 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Each person has his/her preference when using excel

The person was supposed to prepare the Profit n Loss statement.

Can you imagine she just took the raw report n present as it was! The first line was not Sales figures, but carriage outwards income???

I went blank when I opened the spreadsheet and saw what she sent me.

usually the software should be able to give a proper Profit Loss statement?..if your Co is using another format for reporting, can use existing template?..new employee?

The software used to give a proper format until I went to remove some subheadings and it went siao.

I purposely did not do any corrections, want to see her what she would do.

New employee, but not without accounting background. She worked as an auditor in a reputable 2nd tier audit firm previously.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 am

oh ok..maybe ask the new girl go liaise with the software people to get it fix up..now not so pikchik already I guess..I m trying not get angry too often also if can la tho not easy..getting more white hair :sweat:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 am

I like consistent font and proper alignment for easy reading and professionalism, but I would hesitate to change someone else's formatting - even if I don't think highly of it - especially if I do not know the person well, am new and if that person has been there for a long time.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:15 am

ammonite wrote:I like consistent font and proper alignment for easy reading and professionalism, but I would hesitate to change someone else's formatting - even if I don't think highly of it - especially if I do not know the person well, am new and if that person has been there for a long time.

But formatting such as font used in cells, cell format - number vs accounting, should be consistent throughout. It is not like a total makeover or facelift of the template.

Last Friday I requested for the stock balance report which was created by the Group FC (also relatively new) from a sales/mktg colleague who is in charge of monitoring stock balance. The Group FC tasked me to produce the stock balance report and an ageing report.

Sidetrack - I also do not know why I am doing this assignment when this sales/mktg colleague is supposedly already doing the monitoring.

Anyway, the original format is used by other branches for quite some time now.

Because of the number of products we carry, a stock balance format for pdt A has fields that are non-applicable to pdt B and pdt B should need some other fields.

I guess the Group FC has been busy, yet to understand this. AND users of the reports do not feedback.

Which brings us to another point - do you provide feedback when you feel that your inputs are useful? Or you shut up as you think no one will listen?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:20 am

MrsKiasu wrote:oh ok..maybe ask the new girl go liaise with the software people to get it fix up..now not so pikchik already I guess..I m trying not get angry too often also if can la tho not easy..getting more white hair :sweat:

I am also the "IT person" as I was the person who first used this off the shelf s/w :rotflmao: yesterday elder boy asked me exactly what is my job title.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Jennifer
I guess you are an accountant and II salute you.

For the whole of today, I was struggling with the Actual and Projected Expenditure for the next FYs.
OMG, my procurement is just one-off and funds long approved and paid.

The numbers to be placed at which column etc really put me off.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:40 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
I guess you are an accountant and II salute you.

For the whole of today, I was struggling with the Actual and Projected Expenditure for the next FYs.
OMG, my procurement is just one-off and funds long approved and paid.

The numbers to be placed at which column etc really put me off.

That is one reason why I am so particular with worksheets- must be user friendly. I worked OT over the weekends just to produce 4 spreadsheets to account for Jun to Sep inventory. Luckily the company has only 100+ inventory items now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:50 pm

:sweat:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:29 pm

MrsKiasu wrote::sweat:

Why sweat :lol:

I told hubby I think I know why I am a stay at home mum. God did not want people to suffer under me :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:26 am

Sorry Jen. Need to reply u here. I can't figure out my pm. Regarding the issue which we spoke about, do u think it is possible for the student to check for the syllabus on school website or it is a must to get my hands on a booklet?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres