Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:36 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:I couldn't help to feel Jen上岸了. kids big already now restart the living of own life :lol:

Like and agree
When can i do so too?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:48 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:I couldn't help to feel Jen上岸了. kids big already now restart the living of own life :lol:

Like and agree
When can i do so too?

your girl is big too
Around same age as Jennifer's boys?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:50 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:

Like and agree
When can i do so too?

Think you can do it too ST..maybe reduce your worries.

For me, i wish to have more energy..or maybe some reorg? The more busy I m the more I m interested to learn cooking..just borrowed 8 magazines on recipe today. Bought some curry/chilli powder etc..tomorrow try cook curry.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:50 pm

sleepy wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:

Like and agree
When can i do so too?

your girl is big too
Around same age as Jennifer's boys?

Yes, a teenage girl
I still hv to worry for a few more years ...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 pm

After U, supposedly financial liability mostly discharged..then we worry about their bf then dh then who is going to take care their kids if both working...nvr ending one..

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:After U, supposedly financial liability mostly discharged..then we worry about their bf then dh then who is going to take care their kids if both working...nvr ending one..

Yes, and the health of our parents
Life is full of never ending worries

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:11 am

starlight1968sg wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:After U, supposedly financial liability mostly discharged..then we worry about their bf then dh then who is going to take care their kids if both working...nvr ending one..

Yes, and the health of our parents
Life is full of never ending worries

Yes, that's right. Let's pray for healthy body and mind.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:32 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Yes, a teenage girl
I still hv to worry for a few more years ...

But you can gradually cut back on the more hands-on"care" - no difference whether you are in Singapore or elsewhere! At least for short periods of time. I am in the same stage of life as you, and I'm telling myself that too! We are going on a 10-day vacation in May next year without the kids, which will be the first time we are leaving them alone at home for more than 1 night. I'm slightly nervous for my older girl; the younger one will be fine, and will probably have to be the one "in charge".

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:06 am

slmkhoo wrote:We are going on a 10-day vacation in May next year without the kids, which will be the first time we are leaving them alone at home for more than 1 night. I'm slightly nervous for my older girl; the younger one will be fine, and will probably have to be the one "in charge".

I have done that when kids were 10 and 12. Not intentionally though. I arranged for my mum to stay with kids and sleepover while I travelled with dh.

But kids sent my mum home. They insisted they would be fine on their own at home since they would only be in their room studying so it made no difference whether my mum went home or stayed there (and be bored). So my mum really went home! She would deliver meals to them thrice a day and stay abit to chit chat and then she would bring her tingkat home. My mum lives 2 block away.

Kids informed me of their revised babysitting arrangement when I was already overseas and assured me they would be fine because they already tried it out for a day or 2, they decided they didn't want grandma babysitting them 24x7 and grandma could sleep better in her own bed.

I know they are independent all along but didn't expect them to be so independent. They said those were their best 8 days, although dd2 was stuck at home preparing for her p4 SA2 but both of them ultra happy. Must be that feeling of empowerment

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 am

sleepy wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:We are going on a 10-day vacation in May next year without the kids, which will be the first time we are leaving them alone at home for more than 1 night. I'm slightly nervous for my older girl; the younger one will be fine, and will probably have to be the one "in charge".

I have done that when kids were 10 and 12. Not intentionally though. I arranged for my mum to stay with kids and sleepover while I travelled with dh.

But kids sent my mum home. They insisted they would be fine on their own at home since they would only be in their room studying so it made no difference whether my mum went home or stayed there (and be bored). So my mum really went home! She would deliver meals to them thrice a day and stay abit to chit chat and then she would bring her tingkat home. My mum lives 2 block away.

Kids informed me of their revised babysitting arrangement when I was already overseas and assured me they would be fine because they already tried it out for a day or 2, they decided they didn't want grandma babysitting them 24x7 and grandma could sleep better in her own bed.

I know they are independent all along but didn't expect them to be so independent. They said those were their best 8 days, although dd2 was stuck at home preparing for her p4 SA2 but both of them ultra happy. Must be that feeling of empowerment

My parents went away for 6 mths when I was 17 and my brother 15. Grandma delivered meals and stayed over at night (she only lived 2 doors away), we had a PT cleaner who also ironed. I really wonder how they could do that, but we we fine (my brother took several years off my life, but that's another story). My kids have refused to have grandma over as they don't want to look after her! The normal stuff will be fine; it's always the unexpected that can be a worry, especially for my older girl.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres