Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:41 am

sleepy wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:We are going on a 10-day vacation in May next year without the kids, which will be the first time we are leaving them alone at home for more than 1 night. I'm slightly nervous for my older girl; the younger one will be fine, and will probably have to be the one "in charge".

I have done that when kids were 10 and 12. Not intentionally though. I arranged for my mum to stay with kids and sleepover while I travelled with dh.

But kids sent my mum home. They insisted they would be fine on their own at home since they would only be in their room studying so it made no difference whether my mum went home or stayed there (and be bored). So my mum really went home! She would deliver meals to them thrice a day and stay abit to chit chat and then she would bring her tingkat home. My mum lives 2 block away.

Kids informed me of their revised babysitting arrangement when I was already overseas and assured me they would be fine because they already tried it out for a day or 2, they decided they didn't want grandma babysitting them 24x7 and grandma could sleep better in her own bed.

I know they are independent all along but didn't expect them to be so independent. They said those were their best 8 days, although dd2 was stuck at home preparing for her p4 SA2 but both of them ultra happy. Must be that feeling of empowerment

Dunno when that day will come..if that day comes when we could go travel without the kids, think I will need to ask my mom over my place. Still not sure of when can let go their hands now. Still early to tell.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:11 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Dunno when that day will come..if that day comes when we could go travel without the kids, think I will need to ask my mom over my place. Still not sure of when can let go their hands now. Still early to tell.

It will come. Remember that my kids are about 10 yrs older than yours! If they are happy to stay with relatives or have grandma come to stay, that would be a chance to travel without them. I have left my kids with my parents for 1-2 nights before, staying in the grandparents' house. They have also stayed at friends' houses for periods up to a whole week. But this is the first time they will be staying in our flat without an adult there. We wouldn't mind having them come with us, actually, as they are good travellers and we enjoy their company, but we can't find a time when all of us are free at the same time!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:49 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Dunno when that day will come..if that day comes when we could go travel without the kids, think I will need to ask my mom over my place. Still not sure of when can let go their hands now. Still early to tell.

It will come. Remember that my kids are about 10 yrs older than yours! If they are happy to stay with relatives or have grandma come to stay, that would be a chance to travel without them. I have left my kids with my parents for 1-2 nights before, staying in the grandparents' house. They have also stayed at friends' houses for periods up to a whole week. But this is the first time they will be staying in our flat without an adult there. We wouldn't mind having them come with us, actually, as they are good travellers and we enjoy their company, but we can't find a time when all of us are free at the same time!

After this Fri, you and your dd can really relax..enjoy your trip with your dh, slmkhoo :smile:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:25 am

Tastier than Coca Cola

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:31 am

I love to see organ.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:22 am

very nice.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 am

MrsKiasu wrote:After this Fri, you and your dd can really relax..enjoy your trip with your dh, slmkhoo :smile:

This trip is with the kids. I am looking forward to Fri afternoon, trip or no trip!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:15 am

Jennifer wrote:Image

I love to see organ.

Jen u holidaying in iceland ? how many days

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:53 am

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:After this Fri, you and your dd can really relax..enjoy your trip with your dh, slmkhoo :smile:

This trip is with the kids. I am looking forward to Fri afternoon, trip or no trip!

Oops :oops:

Tomorrow last paper :rahrah:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 am

Jen, you seeing the northern lights?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext