Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Tagged along trip in Iceland, saw the Northern Lights with naked eyes, nothing spectacular. However hubby captured many photos which are amazingly different from what we saw with our eyes.

Am feeling misled by documentary on Northern Lights.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Jennifer wrote:Tagged along trip in Iceland, saw the Northern Lights with naked eyes, nothing spectacular. However hubby captured many photos which are amazingly different from what we saw with our eyes.

You're lucky to catch it!
A friend went recently but didn't see any. Apparently it is not a daily occurrence so must be lucky to see it

Just like you don't always get to see Mt Fuji from Hakone :lol:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:19 am

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 am

http://cave.is/caves-in-iceland/leidarendi-cave/

Joined this excursion today.

Not too difficult as there are strong men giving us a helping hand.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:27 am

Jennifer
You are real luckily to catch the northern lights
A few colleagues specially went to catch the lights but returned empty handed

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 am

Jennifer wrote:Tagged along trip in Iceland, saw the Northern Lights with naked eyes, nothing spectacular. However hubby captured many photos which are amazingly different from what we saw with our eyes.

Hi, Jennifer. :imanisland:

You're lucky to have gotten to see the auroras!! I recall how a tad disappointed I was, having to chg plans which meant skipping that chance altogether but had fun
on the trip nevertheless. :love:

There are different hues of the Northern Lights for different periods of the year when they are more colourful but sighting wise, should be clearest, l believe from August to April (if I'm not wrong) and when seen from areas within the artic circle.

It was reported in an article sometime last year that the NL's will soon gradually disappear. I still hope to see it one day regardless of how much of it I can see, from where I'm gonna be. :lol:

I guess the appreciation for these things vary between ppl. Just like how some don't fancy sun, sand, sea trips while others may intentionally frequent it to get away from SG's skyscrapers and shopping that they may find they are already tired of.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! Flood us with pics of Iceland to drool over okay? :wink: I'm a photography buff myself (albeit extremely amateur) and envious just thinking of all the awesome pics your hubby must've taken on your trips.. :love:

PS. The crunchy scarlet grapes are back in season. Thought of you, when I bought it. :D

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:35 am

sleepy wrote:Movie 'the secret life of walter mitty' was filmed in Iceland. Impressive vast greenery

Yes! The Walter Mitty movie came to mind at the mention of Iceland. Nice destinations covered in the movie. :love:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 am

buds wrote:
It was reported in an article sometime last year that the NL's will soon gradually disappear. I still hope to see it one day regardless of how much of it I can see, from where I'm gonna be. :lol:

I guess the appreciation for these things vary between ppl. Just like how some don't fancy sun, sand, sea trips while others may intentionally frequent it to get away from SG's skyscrapers and shopping that they may find they are already tired of.

Never occur to me to go see the northlight. On the top of my list is the Lourve museum. I wanna spend an entire week at the Lourve! :lol:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:44 pm

It is a pity that we only thought of seeing the NL now, never was on my bucket list.

Like what Buds has shared, the NL could be better seen in other months.

The daily breakfast table has limited range of fruits. But the melons n pineapples are very tasty despite their pale colour.

I saw strawberries from Egypt sold in the supermarkets. Many types of convenience microwave packaged food. Too bad the accommodation I am staying at does not have a MW oven.

Really cold here. Thermal wear is a must. Else get from Uniqlo the waterproof pants lined with wool inside or polyester long sleeves t-shirt.

It has been raining almost everyday here. Waterproof hiking shoes are recommended too.

And lip balm, body moisturiser n facial moisturiser too.

I took the advice from many of you to apply body moisturiser everyday. Touchwood, yet to get cold eczema.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Buds,

Thank you for the grapes tipoff.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs