Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Jennifer wrote:Need to do physio at home.

Jennifer
If I stand too long, I feel uncomfortable on my back. I guess my spine is getting weak

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:41 am

starlight1968sg wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Need to do physio at home.

Jennifer
If I stand too long, I feel uncomfortable on my back. I guess my spine is getting weak

Need to strength the muscles to hold the body, then won't get the uncomfortable feeling.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 pm

久违了

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:18 am

Take care, Jen. hope you are much better now. The cake looks nice. I don't have this shape of bake pan. wanted to buy few times take it then put down. kept telling myself round pan can be used also or that just make cup cake style..I bake buns more but recently started on banana and chocolate muffin.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:11 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Take care, Jen. hope you are much better now. The cake looks nice. I don't have this shape of bake pan. wanted to buy few times take it then put down. kept telling myself round pan can be used also or that just make cup cake style..I bake buns more but recently started on banana and chocolate muffin.

:hugs:

Feeling much better these few days, though the arm still has a uncomfortable sensation towards the end of the day, not pain, not exactly numbness, just a disturbing heavy feeling at times, like 酸酸的感觉

I baked the apple cake for only one reason- get rid of the apples which hubby said is too sour for him to bring to office to eat. The South Africa chestnut apple variety will only be back in May. The one I bought, which is of New Zealand variety, is crunchy but too sour to him.

I love this rectangular baking pan, its width matches the LocknLock box I have, easy to keep the cake in the box.

I have three round baking tins, one is removable bottom, one is a smaller size for baking Japanese cheese cake, last one is a chiffon cake tin. Hardly use these round ones, can't bear to discard either, always thinking some day I will make a birthday cake, a Japanese cheesecake, a chiffon cake, etc :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Jen, do u use the gym and Swimming pool in ur condo?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 am

Jennifer wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Take care, Jen. hope you are much better now. The cake looks nice. I don't have this shape of bake pan. wanted to buy few times take it then put down. kept telling myself round pan can be used also or that just make cup cake style..I bake buns more but recently started on banana and chocolate muffin.

:hugs:

Feeling much better these few days, though the arm still has a uncomfortable sensation towards the end of the day, not pain, not exactly numbness, just a disturbing heavy feeling at times, like 酸酸的感觉

I baked the apple cake for only one reason- get rid of the apples which hubby said is too sour for him to bring to office to eat. The South Africa chestnut apple variety will only be back in May. The one I bought, which is of New Zealand variety, is crunchy but too sour to him.

I love this rectangular baking pan, its width matches the LocknLock box I have, easy to keep the cake in the box.

I have three round baking tins, one is removable bottom, one is a smaller size for baking Japanese cheese cake, last one is a chiffon cake tin. Hardly use these round ones, can't bear to discard either, always thinking some day I will make a birthday cake, a Japanese cheesecake, a chiffon cake, etc :rotflmao:

can go to those TCM massage or use some oil to lightly massage it? i worry at our this age, those sour sour pain will cause problems in future.

baked apple cake because apple too sour :lol: not long ago i wanted to get 'rid' of the pineappe. find recipe till pineapple spoilt :laugh:

last weekend I took out my juicer and start the juicing again. i m cooking lesser veg nowadays and the girls eat even lesser of it.

i have minimal cake tins. even pizza that i made yesterday i just spread it direct on the oven tray..no muffin tin, finally decided to use the silicon muffin cups fm Ikea, put direct on the tray. buns direct on tray and ended up the only round tin I have with removeable bottom used to bake not to watery base batter like chocolate cake. i m planning to just use the muffin cups more. lets see can tahan not to buy anymore.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 am

MrsKiasu wrote:i have minimal cake tins. even pizza that i made yesterday i just spread it direct on the oven tray..no muffin tin, finally decided to use the silicon muffin cups fm Ikea, put direct on the tray. buns direct on tray and ended up the only round tin I have with removeable bottom used to bake not to watery base batter like chocolate cake. i m planning to just use the muffin cups more. lets see can tahan not to buy anymore.

I have a hard tussle between trying to keep to a minimum and getting more types of baking tins/trays. Having a variety of shapes and sizes makes baking more convenient, and also makes the results look nicer. On the other hand, they take up space! I find that if I don't have the right size or shape, I often have to recalculate the recipe and the baking times, and the results are less attractive too. I've been baking less this past 1.5 years since I started working PT office hours, but now that I am freelance again, my daughters are hinting that I should start baking more.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:16 am

Jennifer wrote:Feeling much better these few days, though the arm still has a uncomfortable sensation towards the end of the day, not pain, not exactly numbness, just a disturbing heavy feeling at times, like 酸酸的感觉:

The cake looks delicious! I enjoy baking (as opposed to cooking) but sadly my kids don't really eat cakes and muffins so I've stopped.

I had the same problem last year - at first my wrist just felt weak, then the arm felt numb and heavy, even when it was better it had the 酸酸的感觉。Similarly I turned to TMC, and it did help 80 percent. The acupuncturist put needles along my arm down to my wrist. Nowadays I have reduced the weight of my bags, and will also massage along that path when that arm feels heavy. I find that for me, the "blockage" is usually higher up the arm though it can always be traced to overuse of my wrist. By using a massage roller and resting the wrist / arm for a few days, things will be back to normal after a few days. I am always looking for a good place that can do hand massage though.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 am

MrsKiasu wrote: i worry at our this age, those sour sour pain will cause problems in future.

To me, these "sour sour" pain just means I am doing too much housework and the rest of them are too LAZY. Nowadays I will pass the ironing and changing of bedsheets to dh whenever my arm starts to feel "suan" again.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres