Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 am

ammonite wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote: i worry at our this age, those sour sour pain will cause problems in future.

To me, these "sour sour" pain just means I am doing too much housework and the rest of them are too LAZY. Nowadays I will pass the ironing and changing of bedsheets to dh whenever my arm starts to feel "suan" again.

i m also using and really adore my mini massage machine as I am constantly in contact with water.
now after finding new passion/hobby, the more I m staying in kitchen..last night dd2 asked why I always so busy with the dough. I saw those cute few color buns last weekend and my brain kept thinking of it..of what natural ingredients to produce those colors etc.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 am

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:i have minimal cake tins. even pizza that i made yesterday i just spread it direct on the oven tray..no muffin tin, finally decided to use the silicon muffin cups fm Ikea, put direct on the tray. buns direct on tray and ended up the only round tin I have with removeable bottom used to bake not to watery base batter like chocolate cake. i m planning to just use the muffin cups more. lets see can tahan not to buy anymore.

I have a hard tussle between trying to keep to a minimum and getting more types of baking tins/trays. Having a variety of shapes and sizes makes baking more convenient, and also makes the results look nicer. On the other hand, they take up space! I find that if I don't have the right size or shape, I often have to recalculate the recipe and the baking times, and the results are less attractive too. I've been baking less this past 1.5 years since I started working PT office hours, but now that I am freelance again, my daughters are hinting that I should start baking more.

yes it is a tussle but as space is a concern, i try to make do..i dont use many recipes nowadays. j use same recipes but with replacement of 'flavor' eg I started off with the pumpkin bun recipe (sugar will be reduced) then use the same recipe for sweet potato, black sesame/pumpkin. i will put more of them than stated in recipe..when too much of those too sticky cant use roller pin to make shapes then I will just roll them into balls. I find it nice to have home made. when i stuffed buns/muffins into dd lunch box..i know she has eg. abt one third of a banana in a muffin, about a tablespoon of pumpkin in a bun..so that gives me a satisfying feeling. Time ro bake again, slmkhoo :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:11 am

ammonite wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Feeling much better these few days, though the arm still has a uncomfortable sensation towards the end of the day, not pain, not exactly numbness, just a disturbing heavy feeling at times, like 酸酸的感觉:

The cake looks delicious! I enjoy baking (as opposed to cooking) but sadly my kids don't really eat cakes and muffins so I've stopped.

I had the same problem last year - at first my wrist just felt weak, then the arm felt numb and heavy, even when it was better it had the 酸酸的感觉。Similarly I turned to TMC, and it did help 80 percent. The acupuncturist put needles along my arm down to my wrist. Nowadays I have reduced the weight of my bags, and will also massage along that path when that arm feels heavy. I find that for me, the "blockage" is usually higher up the arm though it can always be traced to overuse of my wrist. By using a massage roller and resting the wrist / arm for a few days, things will be back to normal after a few days. I am always looking for a good place that can do hand massage though.

i noticed/learned something from my own pain after given birth to dd2.. the pain at hand likely be reduced at massaging the shoulder blade area and the back pain at the buttock area. oh yes, like your case, the flesh/muscle area at our arm near to the joint where we bend our arm..that helps,for ne too.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 pm

TheAnswer wrote:Jen, do u use the gym and Swimming pool in ur condo?

:oops:

So far only hubby uses the gym, elder boy the swimming pool during his therapy to treat the lower back pain, hubby n ah boy the squash courts, ah boy learnt to play tennis some years back and we did bbq twice in the 6 years we live in this current estate.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:Jen, do u use the gym and Swimming pool in ur condo?

:oops:

So far only hubby uses the gym, elder boy the swimming pool during his therapy to treat the lower back pain, hubby n ah boy the squash courts, ah boy learnt to play tennis some years back and we did bbq twice in the 6 years we live in this current estate.

It's time to use the facilities. Dun pay for nothing la. Besides as we grow older, we need to keep fit. Tmr morning I'm going to Lakeville. Wanna check out the surroundings and probably swim or use the gym.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/heres-what-to-do-when-i-die

When we were at the cemetery, we saw many plots of burial grounds with husband n wife buried or intended to be buried together when the time comes.

I am aware that FIL had bought a twin cubicle at a columbarium in Singapore.

I certainly do not wish for my ashes to be placed together or in the next cubicle with hubby when I am gone and much prefer to have the ashes urn buried at sea, just like one of the interviewee in the news article.

Have you thought of your own funeral?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 am

Is it good to have ashes buried in the sea, in water ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:01 am

Jennifer wrote:I certainly do not wish for my ashes to be placed together or in the next cubicle with hubby when I am gone and much prefer to have the ashes urn buried at sea, just like one of the interviewee in the news article.

Have you thought of your own funeral?

My husband and I have told our kids that we don't want our ashes kept in a columbarium. In fact, we have told them they don't even need to collect them. We believe that it really doesn't matter. As for the funeral - we told them to sing more cheerful songs! We find that most of the wake services we have attended are so grim and the songs so draggy. We have attended a couple which are "a celebration of his/her life", and that's what we would like.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 am

phtthp wrote:Is it good to have ashes buried in the sea, in water ?

I have mentioned to dh that my ashes will be scattered in the sea ie sea burial.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:31 am

we never talked about it. But likely our ashes will be kept and I would think we would like to be together. sad lei talking about this :cry:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres