Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:30 pm

This time I did not get a chance to visit the Zwinger museums - Porcelain gallery and the Green Vault.

:cry:

Will plan to go to Dresden again to visit these museums and then go to Prague from Dresden.

I flew by Lufthansa economy on A380, chose my seat on the upper deck
Airfare $770
Taxes, fees & surcharges $711.50
Seat reservations (to n fro) $97.80
Total $1579.30

Economy on the upper deck has less than 40 seats, service is quite fast since there are fewer passengers compared to economy on the lower deck. One toilet though.
We boarded as economy class passengers, walked all the way to the end of the lower deck to take the stairs up to the upper deck.
We alighted as business class passengers :wink:

I do not need to wait for long to be served my dinner n breakfast.
The only shortcoming is the overhead cabinet at the sides are lower in height and cannot accommodate the normal carry on hardcase small luggage.

Dinner has 2 selections, fairly good.
Breakfast has no selection, and the scrambled egg really is yucky and the bread is served chilled.
The German lady seated next to me took only one bite and put the foil cover back.

The flight from SIN to FRA serves Bailey's after dinner.
When flying back, Bailey's was not offered :scratchhead:

Flight entertainment is nowhere to be compared to SQ.
But according to the German lady seated next to me who is a frequent flyer, Lufthansa economy class seat is wider and more comfortable than SQ.

So for the cheaper fare, the comfort and the chance to sit on A380 upper deck, I would take Lufthansa again, the breakfast and the flight entertainment are bearable to me.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:13 pm

https://www.pfunds.de/start.php

The hop on hop off bus reached this destination, #18 stop from the first stop outside Zwinger.

I have read up on the Internet and seen images of the shop posted online before I flew to Germany.
Had very high expectations.
I must say the shop interior is very unique.
But photos looked more impressive, should be the photography tactics n lighting effects that made the shop looks larger, brighter n inviting.

The staff says they do not own farm or milk cows now, all products are sourced from the regions.

I find the next door shop more interesting than Pfunds.
This particular shop sells jams and sauces, some flavours are familiar, some unusual.
And there is free sampling. Many bottles are opened, a tiny spoon is left inside each bottle.
In the middle, there is a bowl that contains small white round paper like disc, maybe the size of our old 50cts coin.
There was a man who took a disc, scooped some jam on it n seemed to put the whole thing into his mouth.
I thought it was impolite to keep looking at him n looked away for a while.
So I could not determine what happened to the disc- did he spilt it out or swallow it?

Then hubby called me out as the hop on hop off bus arrived at the designated stop just outside this interesting shop.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Did I ever mention I love the Internet?
Found out the name of the shop via google maps.
I googled Pfunds first, then widened the map and its name shows up :rahrah:

Senfladen is the name of the shop that sells many kinds of jams n sauces, next to Pfunds.
Turns out they are known as supermarkets n have a few other locations in Germany.
It has a website, no English version though.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Jen, you are back to Spore?

Yes, I also love internet :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:32 am

MrsKiasu wrote:Jen, you are back to Spore?

Yes, I also love internet :lol:

I was back last week.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am

That sounds like a lovely trip!! Thanks for sharing! :smile:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Local SIM card bought in Germany by elder boy.

As we did not take the same flight, I do not know where he bought this SIM, possibly at Terminal 2 Frankfurt airport.

I touched down at Terminal 1.
Upon exiting the arrival hall at exit C, I saw a vending machine that sells the local SIM card, same pricing package as the one shown here.
As I had planned to use only free wifi, I did not buy the local SIM card.

When hubby touched down at Terminal 1 from USA, we were in a hurry to catch the long distance train to Dresden, so we did not buy any local SIM card at the airport.
This almost was a mistake.

Upon reaching Dresden Neustadt station, there was no shop selling local SIM card.
When we were checking in at the hotel, we were told that within walking distance, there is a T-Mobile shop that sells local SIM card.
So we went to T-Mobile.
Luckily hubby has his passport on him as the staff requires to sight the passport details for registration.

While waiting for the SIM to be activated, we chatted with one of the staff who is a China national. She told us the local SIM card can be used in other EU countries.
However, once hubby left Germany to go to Brussels, that SIM card could not be used at all.
No sure whether there is some activation that he needs to do or the staff advised wrongly.

Btw most shops are not opened on Sundays or close early on Sat.
So if one needs a local SIM card, better to buy at the airport.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I almost forgot to mention there are charging stations outside T1 Frankfurt arrival hall exit B, must make sure the power plug adapter is inside your carry on bag.

I spent a few hours walking from exit C to exit A , to the long distance train station on the day of arrival as hubby touched down at 10+am whereas I arrived at 6+am.

Btw, the passport control can be quite stringent.
There was a Chinese looking family of 2A2C who was attended to, maybe 3 persons in front of me. When I had finished my session at the passport control, they were still standing in front of the counter and the father was scrolling his mobile phone. Not sure whether the officer requested the address of their stay in Germany.

So better have printed documents on you.
I showed the Dresden tourist brochure to the officer and had a photo of hotel address I am due at on my phone.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Jennifer
The airfare costs as much as the taxes and surcharges!

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:37 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
The airfare costs as much as the taxes and surcharges!

If I could book n pay earlier, I might get cheaper airfare rates.
I waited for elder boy's schedule confirmed before I checked the airlines flights schedule n decided upon Lufthansa, direct flight 12+ hours.

Swiss Air had promo to Europe, but no direct to Frankfurt when I was checking, so did not choose Swiss Air.

I am a mountain tortoise.

How to get airfare with lower taxes n surcharges?

Have you taken Swiss Air before?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres