Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:54 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:could tell Jennifer's good time is not far ahead. kids more grown up now.

:rotflmao:

Likely can enjoy for a few years before I get tied down again, by looking after in-laws and possibly grandchildren in another ten years' time.

So must enjoy while I can, right?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Jennifer wrote:Slmkhoo, how was your London trip?

Hope to get more inputs from you as I am planning for London trip next year.

We enjoyed it very much! But I don't think I'm the best person to ask as our choice of places to see was very idiosyncratic, and we didn't go to many of the "must-see" places. And we didn't see many places outside London either. It was a nostalgia trip, so we mainly went to places that meant something to us, or we just wanted to revisit. We actually only spent 3 days in London; the rest of the time was in Cambridge (4 days) and Oxford (1 day).

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:59 pm

ammonite wrote:Most of our holidays are strictly r and r at beach resorts. No need to plan anything. At the most get a driver to take us around after we get there. I don't like to rush about too much.

I don't like beaches - they give me rashes! And my husband is the kind who can't stay in one place much - he would get stir-crazy after a day. We don't like to rush, and we generally don't like the standard tour offerings. We've said many times that we will join a tour to avoid having to plan, but since we never find a tour that suits us within our budget, we always end up doing a DIY vacation again.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Slmkhoo
I don't like beaches too
I dislike sand getting into my shoes
I fear sea. I swam in the sea before and experienced being dragged further away from the coast
I look forward the days when dh and I can travel freely w/o being tied down by families prob etc

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:48 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Slmkhoo
I don't like beaches too
I dislike sand getting into my shoes
I fear sea. I swam in the sea before and experienced being dragged further away from the coast
I look forward the days when dh and I can travel freely w/o being tied down by families prob etc

Life is on going with different events played out at different times, I doubt that there would ever be a time we can leave all issues behind to go on a carefree trip. That is too unrealistic. So just make do with whatever we have now n just pack a bag n go :rotflmao:

This morning, I told hubby that I am planning for next year London trip, his first reaction was I am already planning to spend money. Actualy planning now is to save money.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Jennifer
It is true that there are different sets of issues at different stages of our lives
I wish I can be less bothered and just pack up and go :)
Thanks

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:02 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Slmkhoo, how was your London trip?

Hope to get more inputs from you as I am planning for London trip next year.

We enjoyed it very much! But I don't think I'm the best person to ask as our choice of places to see was very idiosyncratic, and we didn't go to many of the "must-see" places. And we didn't see many places outside London either. It was a nostalgia trip, so we mainly went to places that meant something to us, or we just wanted to revisit. We actually only spent 3 days in London; the rest of the time was in Cambridge (4 days) and Oxford (1 day).

Hi slmkhoo
Do you mind sharing which hotel you stay in Cambridge and Oxford? We plan to go back again next June as the last day tours we joined were too rush for these 2 places. Thanks.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:09 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
It is true that there are different sets of issues at different stages of our lives
I wish I can be less bothered and just pack up and go :)
Thanks

Be more selfish, dun be bothered n just go.

We can't live our whole life for others.
I was like that in the past, only kena depression n thyroid disorder.

I want to live smarter now, pamper myself more :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:17 am

FantasyLandDreams wrote:Hi slmkhoo
Do you mind sharing which hotel you stay in Cambridge and Oxford? We plan to go back again next June as the last day tours we joined were too rush for these 2 places. Thanks.

In Cambridge, we stayed at an Airbnb place - a lady who has 2 rooms registered with Airbnb. Very central, but very simple and a bit cramped. You may prefer a hotel? We only did a day trip to Oxford from London as we didn't really want to see that much. In the end, we only spent about 6 hrs there.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:24 am

Jennifer wrote:This morning, I told hubby that I am planning for next year London trip, his first reaction was I am already planning to spend money. Actualy planning now is to save money.

My husband is usually the one who brings up travel plans - he suggests, we discuss, and I do the research and booking! We usually book long-distance trips in 2 phases - we make a rough plan so we can book tickets and accommodation months in advance (cheaper options tend to book up fast and we also have to block out the dates on our schedules), but we leave the details to closer to the date. We booked our Dec holiday tickets and accommodation in May, but we probably won't do anything else about it till Nov.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres