Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
It is true that there are different sets of issues at different stages of our lives
I wish I can be less bothered and just pack up and go :)
Thanks

Is it just your daughter? Or parents as well? Luckily, my parents are still independent so we don't have to consider them when we travel. This last vacation, we left our girls in Singapore, and they managed very well. They even cleaned the house before we got home. I guess it's more worrying for you as your daughter will be alone?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 am

Ah boy was rather disappointed that he was not included in the recent Germany trip as our main purpose was to go support elder boy in the ISSF event and the dates clashed with school resuming dates.

I asked him whether he would be comfortable if he flies from Sg to join us in London and then he flies back to Sg on his own as well. He went :nailbite: at the thought of flying alone.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 am

Jennifer wrote:Ah boy was rather disappointed that he was not included in the recent Germany trip as our main purpose was to go support elder boy in the ISSF event and the dates clashed with school resuming dates.

I asked him whether he would be comfortable if he flies from Sg to join us in London and then he flies back to Sg on his own as well. He went :nailbite: at the thought of flying alone.

If you booked a non-stop flight, and arranged for him to be sent/met at either end, it should have been OK? Even with a stopover, it wouldn't have been that bad. And airline staff will usually take note of young people travelling alone. I guess it depends on how often he's flown before? I think my girls would be nervous but would be OK with it. But my girls have been flying at least twice a year, often 4 times a year, since they were born! Never unaccompanied so far, but there's always a first time.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 am

Jennifer wrote:Ah boy was rather disappointed that he was not included in the recent Germany trip as our main purpose was to go support elder boy in the ISSF event and the dates clashed with school resuming dates.

wow, such lovely trip u have n to be able to put down all "burden" & go
army can give elder boy can take leave for the event, tats nice too ?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 am

Jen has been travelling a fair bit lately.

I was just telling elder sis that every year our year end holiday, I do enjoy, yet I also feel stressed. All because of 1 person. So every year, I am so tempted to say don't want to go anywhere but also so tempted to get out and explore other places.

Very honestly, right now, I cannot see myself travelling with DH on our own, it will probably drive me nuts. Travelling by myself maybe.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am

Slmkhoo
I am more concern about my parents

Funz
I do dream of Travelling alone but dream is a dream. It is always better with somebody to share the joy of a trip

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Funz wrote:Jen has been travelling a fair bit lately.

I was just telling elder sis that every year our year end holiday, I do enjoy, yet I also feel stressed. All because of 1 person. So every year, I am so tempted to say don't want to go anywhere but also so tempted to get out and explore other places.

Very honestly, right now, I cannot see myself travelling with DH on our own, it will probably drive me nuts. Travelling by myself maybe.

I do not see myself travelling with hubby on leisure DIY trips. He is only interested in taking photos. For the Germany trip, we agreed to meet at X place at X time. He went on about his business and I joined a guided tour. More enjoyable for both of us in this manner.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:53 pm

MyPillow wrote:

wow, such lovely trip u have n to be able to put down all "burden" & go
army can give elder boy can take leave for the event, tats nice too ?

Elder boy is in clerical position, and happened that the period was not busy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Jen has been travelling a fair bit lately.

I do not see myself travelling with hubby on leisure DIY trips. He is only interested in taking photos. For the Germany trip, we agreed to meet at X place at X time. He went on about his business and I joined a guided tour. More enjoyable for both of us in this manner.

That might work for us. However, DH's biz trips are usually to places where I have no interest in.

DH likes cities and he likes to shop. Food is not a priority for him and he will go for familiar food.

Me, I prefer scenic places away from cities, I hate to shop. Food and local fare is part of the attraction for me.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:28 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Slmkhoo
I am more concern about my parents

Funz
I do dream of Travelling alone but dream is a dream. It is always better with somebody to share the joy of a trip

That is a concern. Can you get someone else to "watch" over them while you are away? Maybe when she's older, your daughter can do it?

For me, I can't imagine travelling alone. I think I would only if I can find someone to travel with, or someone to visit.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres