Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 am

CloudeeDaz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:.................
Countless chilli and tomato plants had died on me.
It is so depressing.

They normally wither after I repot them.
Now, i've got a bunch of tomatoes seedling growing in a pot, waiting to be repotted…

But, i think this time round , i am not going to touch them...
let them fight for food in that small pot, the fittest will survive :evil:


I was also scared when doing the re-potting for the tomato plant. Used a big spoon to scoop out the young plants one by one. Luckily the soil I bou from NTUC suits them.

U can cut off the smaller ones in the pot so that there is more space for the ones you are going to keep.

My boy tells me his experience at MIL's garden was all the seedlings wont grow well if they are crowded.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Image

Found a picture of a tomato plant flower.

Now confirmed this morning I saw the flower buds on my tomato plant :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby CloudeeDaz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Jennifer wrote:Found a picture of a tomato plant flower.

Now confirmed this morning I saw the flower buds on my tomato plant :rahrah:


you are cute...
seeing you cheering for the tomato plant makes me feel happy too :)

CloudeeDaz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 am
Total Likes: 12


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby CloudeeDaz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:
CloudeeDaz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:.................
Countless chilli and tomato plants had died on me.
It is so depressing.

They normally wither after I repot them.
Now, i've got a bunch of tomatoes seedling growing in a pot, waiting to be repotted…

But, i think this time round , i am not going to touch them...
let them fight for food in that small pot, the fittest will survive :evil:


I was also scared when doing the re-potting for the tomato plant. Used a big spoon to scoop out the young plants one by one. Luckily the soil I bou from NTUC suits them.

U can cut off the smaller ones in the pot so that there is more space for the ones you are going to keep.

My boy tells me his experience at MIL's garden was all the seedlings wont grow well if they are crowded.


yeah..your boy is right.

I actually had my scissors hovering over the young plants just now.
But I cant decide which ones to cut…sigh…so sayang..
So I just let it be…..

CloudeeDaz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 am
Total Likes: 12


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

CloudeeDaz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Found a picture of a tomato plant flower.

Now confirmed this morning I saw the flower buds on my tomato plant :rahrah:


you are cute...
seeing you cheering for the tomato plant makes me feel happy too :)


my definition of cute = ugly but adorable

I am becoming uglier - sagging eyes and cheeks and lips turning upside down - recently I told my elder boy I want to go for skin lift. His eyebrows shot upwards.

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 pm

CloudeeDaz wrote:But I cant decide which ones to cut…sigh…so sayang..


Ya, I understand.

I started planting by putting a half cut tomato into the soil. A week of no activity. I thought soil was wrong, hence no growth. Then suddenly, one by one popped up. I waited for each seedling to be at least 3-5 cm tall before repotting. Did not hv enough pots, so "murdered" at few "late poppers".

Hey, this reminds me of my elder boy - botak for a long time, then suddenly whole head is thick like carpet grass :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Image

tomato flower bud in progress

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Image

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Image

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25812
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Jennifer,

Have to tell u that I'm so inspired by the pictures of your healthy-looking plants that I've decided to do a spot of gardening myself. Have started on something small, keeping my fingers crossed! :xedfingers:


Thanks for sharing!

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres