Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Quiet days are again disrupted by neighbours' renovation works, this time at level 1 n 3.

Pity the other neighbours at level 2.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4314
Joined: Tue Nov 15,
Total Likes:74

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by ammonite » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Jennifer wrote: Image
Amazing! I would love to see the hornbills outside my window! Are these native or migratory? What a lucky day that was!!

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 pm

These birds could be permanent residents in this area.
I have seen these birds many times since I moved into this estate 5 years ago. This year is our 6th year here.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 07,

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Huiwen86 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:These birds could be permanent residents in this area.
I have seen these birds many times since I moved into this estate 5 years ago. This year is our 6th year here.
Maybe someone kept it as a pet?

One of my distant neighbours kept a macaw as pet and it was sure noisy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:These birds could be permanent residents in this area.
I have seen these birds many times since I moved into this estate 5 years ago. This year is our 6th year here.
Maybe someone kept it as a pet?

One of my distant neighbours kept a macaw as pet and it was sure noisy.
Keep as pets - hornbills?
No idea. I have seen at one sighting 4 of these hornbills.

My FIL has a macaw at home too. Iirc, it should be at least 20 years old now.


Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 07,

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Huiwen86 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:These birds could be permanent residents in this area.
I have seen these birds many times since I moved into this estate 5 years ago. This year is our 6th year here.
Maybe someone kept it as a pet?

One of my distant neighbours kept a macaw as pet and it was sure noisy.
Keep as pets - hornbills?
No idea. I have seen at one sighting 4 of these hornbills.

My FIL has a macaw at home too. Iirc, it should be at least 20 years old now.
DH prefer toucans as they are more colorful.Hornbills are quite a rare sight here.Macaws are good looking too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Day 3 - feeding around 2pm with 80g bread flour + 80g cooled boiled water
Split into two glasses

Image

Image

Both glasses almost full by 7pm, so I transferred the contents in both glasses to a square glassware.

Today's temperature is almost the same as yesterday, not too hot, not cooling.
:xedfingers: for the next few days.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Day 4 - feeding at 2.40pm 80 g bread flour + 80g cooled boiled water

Image

Almost double its height since the feeding. Lots of tiny bubbles n a frothy surface.

:xedfingers:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12362
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:330

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Funz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

The weather has been really co-operative for your starter project. How's it growing now?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Funz wrote:The weather has been really co-operative for your starter project. How's it growing now?
Grateful for the weather.
Just fed it at 12.40pm with same bread flour n water quantity - 80g each.
Seems to be doing well.
Now monitoring how soon it rises after each feeding.
Not exactly sure when it will be ready for use.

Locked