Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am

Looks like it is quite finicky.

Pantang also cannot say anything when trying to culture the starter. Cannot praise, cannot criticise. :laugh:

You going to start over again? Any way or anything that can allow you better climate and temp control to up your success factor?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 am

Funz wrote:Looks like it is quite finicky.

Pantang also cannot say anything when trying to culture the starter. Cannot praise, cannot criticise. :laugh:

You going to start over again? Any way or anything that can allow you better climate and temp control to up your success factor?

When it started to smell bad, I thought of the rice wine making thread we had long time ago. Can't remember whose granny or mummy was the one making rice wine though.

Was it yours, Funz?

I am thinking of using another brand's flours. Trip to CS was postponed as I had body aches due to the flu n did not feel like doing anything extra.

Seems like cool weather today.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 am

Having some difficulty to expel the phlegm n must been coughing too hard, some sharp pain at the middle of the airways. This morning saw some light red coloured mucus while clearing the nose. Must have torn some lining again.

It seems like I am prone to tearing whenever I have coughing episode.

Btw there is now a Adult vaccination schedule available that we can pay using MediSave.

I think I would go for the chickenpox vaccination since I yet to contract it.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 am

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Looks like it is quite finicky.

When it started to smell bad, I thought of the rice wine making thread we had long time ago. Can't remember whose granny or mummy was the one making rice wine though.

Was it yours, Funz?

I am thinking of using another brand's flours. Trip to CS was postponed as I had body aches due to the flu n did not feel like doing anything extra.

Seems like cool weather today.

Not mine.

Get some flumicil or mucolytic to ease the phlegm. Drink more warm liquids. Hope you feel better soon.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 am

Jennifer wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:how is your sourdough bread Jen?

The starter died a few days ago.

got to throw whole thing away? can just bake a half raised bread?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am

Jennifer wrote:Having some difficulty to expel the phlegm n must been coughing too hard, some sharp pain at the middle of the airways. This morning saw some light red coloured mucus while clearing the nose. Must have torn some lining again.

It seems like I am prone to tearing whenever I have coughing episode.

Btw there is now a Adult vaccination schedule available that we can pay using MediSave.

I think I would go for the chickenpox vaccination since I yet to contract it.

I would think better not to force phlegm out..this online doctor would like to say dds usually take mucosolvan for phlegm.

Take care Jen.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 am

Bad habit :wink:
If I dun cough it out, the throat is itchy n I ahem more, making more noise in the middle of the night n unable to sleep well myself n also disturbs other members at home.

Getting better now with Flumicil twice a day, at least no more sharp pain or bloody streak mucous or phlegm.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Jennifer wrote:Bad habit :wink:
If I dun cough it out, the throat is itchy n I ahem more, making more noise in the middle of the night n unable to sleep well myself n also disturbs other members at home.

Getting better now with Flumicil twice a day, at least no more sharp pain or bloody streak mucous or phlegm.

Is Flumicil able to administer together wit h cough syrup
Or no need to drink cough syrup le?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:01 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Bad habit :wink:

Is Flumicil able to administer together wit h cough syrup
Or no need to drink cough syrup le?

I ran out of cough medicine at home.
Too lazy to go to GP just to get them.
Any OTC recommended?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Jennifer wrote:I ran out of cough medicine at home.
Too lazy to go to GP just to get them.
Any OTC recommended?

If you go to any pharmacy when the pharmacist is in attendance, the pharmacist can advise. They are trained to advise on these common ailments. You can let them know what you normally take, and they may have the same thing available (but possibly under a different brand name).

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres