Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

ICA follows the appt time; pointless to early arrive

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

ammonite wrote:I don't think you will be penalised if too early. I have collected passports before my allotted appointment. Maybe just go and speak to someone and explain situation?

The q-board displays the message- no priority for those with appointment who are early or late.

Maybe a new initiative?

More like discourage.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:
ammonite wrote:I don't think you will be penalised if too early. I have collected passports before my allotted appointment. Maybe just go and speak to someone and explain situation?

The q-board displays the message- no priority for those with appointment who are early or late.

Maybe a new initiative?

More like discourage.

I think it's to encourage people to keep the time slots - ie. neither too early or late. Perhaps they should put a big notice on the ticket machines to state that those who are more than 15 mins early should wait to closer to the appoointment time?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Jennifer wrote:

Maybe a new initiative?

More like discourage.

In my case, I don't think i was given priority as in jump queue. But that the people before me were not there yet so i was next available in queue.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Maybe a new initiative?

More like discourage.

I think it's to encourage people to keep the time slots - ie. neither too early or late. Perhaps they should put a big notice on the ticket machines to state that those who are more than 15 mins early should wait to closer to the appoointment time?

Totally agreed.

We were just 5 minutes earlier than the 15 minutes earlier recommendation.
As we obtained the q-ticket 5 minutes earlier, we waited for slightly > an hour for our turn.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Kinda silly right. If I arrive early, even if I take an early q nbr, it should not affect right. I should still be served maybe within 30minutes of my appointment time but I should not expect to be served earlier than my appointment time. . If I arrive late then too bad, I join the q without appointment and be prepared to wait.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Now new passport collection requires facial recognition n iris recognition to be processed at the collection counter.

For both feature collections, the applicant should not wear spectacles. Coloured contact lens are also discouraged.

Ah boy happened to have a big red pimple on the tip of the nose which makes the verification against the photo image submitted with the passport application not well matched. He also worn spectacles in the photo.

The ICA officer advised not to wear spectacles in passport size photo taking in future.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Funz wrote:Kinda silly right. If I arrive early, even if I take an early q nbr, it should not affect right. I should still be served maybe within 30minutes of my appointment time but I should not expect to be served earlier than my appointment time. . If I arrive late then too bad, I join the q without appointment and be prepared to wait.

The 'no priority due to early' caught us unaware.

I did not see any sign board put up to inform. I believe not many people pay attention to the flashing message on the electronic q-board either. Most people were looking at their phones. Those who cannot understand English won't know either.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Kinda silly right. If I arrive early, even if I take an early q nbr, it should not affect right. I should still be served maybe within 30minutes of my appointment time but I should not expect to be served earlier than my appointment time. . If I arrive late then too bad, I join the q without appointment and be prepared to wait.

The 'no priority due to early' caught us unaware.

I did not see any sign board put up to inform. I believe not many people pay attention to the flashing message on the electronic q-board either. Most people were looking at their phones. Those who cannot understand English won't know either.

should not penalized early birds - system can just let them wait as per normal till the appmt time
super no sense process - i will be unhappy too if kena
OR today is super busy , thus the wait is also long even if there is appointment :frustrated:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 am

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres