Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Jennifer wrote::rotflmao:

"dwarf" bread which fits into this L&L storage container perfectly :laugh:

this was kneaded by the Kenwood mixer to a sub-standard window pane stage (I was too impatient :spank: ).

huh, you mean at the normal L&L container's height? or the taller container?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Jen, how do you find the texture of bread/bun the next day?

The 9 piece kafemaru milk buns were good on the next day during breakfast. Elder boy thought they were bought from a bakery.

The 叶子梅 bread loaf was not well made (did not achieve the window pane stage), hence was as bad as the previous baked day.

btw the kafemaru milk buns were made with store bought active dry yeast, whereas the 叶子梅 bread loaf was made with raisin yeast dough starter.

today's "dwarf" bread loaf was also made with raisin yeast dough starter. Have to wait till tomorrow morning then can tell how much the texture changes. Now it is soft and not as dense as the 叶子梅 bread loaf.

I get the recipe for today's bake from this web link http://www.monoandco.com

https://monoandco.com/2017/05/04/natural-starter-milk-loaf/

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:Image

huh, you mean at the normal L&L container's height? or the taller container?

I could not fit the bread normally on its bottom in the base of any L&L storage box which I currently have. That's why this loaf is sitting on its bottom inside a tall L&L box on one side of the box, not the base of the box. Pardon my poor explanation :oops:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 am

hahaha now I see it :lol:

kafemaru sounds good for day after texture..I shall go search and try it one day.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm

MrsKS,

the dwarf bread turned slightly harder the next day. I bought CS honey baked ham and made sandwiches for lunch with the dwarf bread.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Jennifer wrote:MrsKS,

the dwarf bread turned slightly harder the next day. I bought CS honey baked ham and made sandwiches for lunch with the dwarf bread.

I had my so called milk bun (by replacing most water needed with milk) sometimes steam it in the morning, I recalled :lol: long time didn't make kosong bun. I need to find other recipe or maybe same original recipe but go easy with own modifications

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 pm

this bread underwent a 11 hour journey from kneading in the Kenwood mixer to baking in the oven: I left it to rise for 5 hours as I went out, then it was too sticky to be shaped and I had to add flour a few times and ended up hand kneading again for 20 minutes, the final proofing took another few hours as I wanted to see how the texture eould be if I let it proof higher than the baking tin.

Turned out all is well, EXCEPT that the bread has a pronounced sour taste :oops: Luckily I bought a pack of store made bread this afternoon.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am

update on my NUH ENT visit on Tuesday-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_septum_deviation
My condition is known as nasal septum deviation.

The doc told me to continue with the nasal spray and to review the condition two months later.

As of this morning, the left side is feeling a little less congested than before using the nasal spray.

The hearing test shows both ears hearing ability still within the normal range, except the left ear does not hear as well as the right ear.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 am

Jen, which symptoms got you to make appt with ENT?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:59 pm

MrsKS,

Jennifer wrote:After a few months of "sufferring" blocked nose, even with taking Zyrtec and Fedac, I decided to see a doctor today. The polyclinic doctor examined the insides of my nose with a scope, told me both sides are swollen.

I also let her know of my concern that I do not hear well these days and also find myself speaking louder now in a conversation. Ears are checked but cannot see anything unusual or built up ear wax.

So she also ordered a hearing test.

Now waiting for NUH to confirm the appointment.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres