Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 pm

coated with white sesame seeds.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm

:udawoman:

:drool: Let me know if you are opening a bakery :love:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Yummy! Put in asuki beans next bake? Salivating alr. You're tempting me. I tried using DC's proj dough for pizza & hopefully finish them by next week. Then maybe try yr milk buns. :drool:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:00 pm

still learning how to handle the mixer and the window pane stage as well as adjusting the kafemaru milk bun recipe.

this round I use less milk, original recipe 185g, adjusted to 175g, change sugar to 35g, use 10g salted butter + 10g unsalted butter.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Will try when I'm ready. Thank you for sharing your bread-making journey. :hi5:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Ha, ha, Jennifer. You've got a guest? Salesman/woman at your hatch? :laugh:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:57 pm

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:52 am

I moved my reply from the Forest City thread as I realised it is very OT.

Jennifer wrote:I may be OT here - is there a prejudice opinion against SAF personnel moving into govt office posts or heading SMRT?

The dissent opinions are based on one's personal knowledge of the other person's lack in character, calibre or simply based on "I hate his face"?

I have my boys coming back from school and poured grievances on me. When I asked whether they spoke to the person in charge, I was told no point doing so, the person wont listen. I do not understand my boys' rationale.

I think there is some prejudice, especially as many men remember their NS days when they were at the bottom of the heap, their iediate superior officers were often overbearing, unreasonable, discipline was very strict etc. Not many had access to the top levels of Mindef administration, which is where those top officers were when they ended their military careers. Those NS experiences permeate the collective memory and fuels the prejudice.

As to the "no point" attitude, that is something that stems from feeling powerless, maybe because they have heard of others who have made a stand in the past, but nothing was done? Usually, at the school level, measured and polite feedback does have some impact. I have written letters about various issues to various minitries/ministers/civil servants etc, many of which achieved nothing. I don't write in for anything and everything, but I still do it occasionally when I feel strongly about something, even though I know that very likely nothing will be done. I guess it's cathartic? It's just sad that the young already feel to powerless to change anything.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:20 pm

slmkhoo wrote:I moved my reply from the Forest City thread as I realised it is very OT.

Jennifer wrote:I may be OT here - is there a prejudice opinion against SAF personnel moving into govt office posts or heading SMRT?

The dissent opinions are based on one's personal knowledge of the other person's lack in character, calibre or simply based on "I hate his face"?

I have my boys coming back from school and poured grievances on me. When I asked whether they spoke to the person in charge, I was told no point doing so, the person wont listen. I do not understand my boys' rationale.

I think there is some prejudice, especially as many men remember their NS days when they were at the bottom of the heap, their iediate superior officers were often overbearing, unreasonable, discipline was very strict etc. Not many had access to the top levels of Mindef administration, which is where those top officers were when they ended their military careers. Those NS experiences permeate the collective memory and fuels the prejudice.

As to the "no point" attitude, that is something that stems from feeling powerless, maybe because they have heard of others who have made a stand in the past, but nothing was done? Usually, at the school level, measured and polite feedback does have some impact. I have written letters about various issues to various minitries/ministers/civil servants etc, many of which achieved nothing. I don't write in for anything and everything, but I still do it occasionally when I feel strongly about something, even though I know that very likely nothing will be done. I guess it's cathartic? It's just sad that the young already feel to powerless to change anything.

Yes, I feel strongly against the "no point" attitude, leading to inactivity but complaints, and ultimately resentment.
That's not how I set off to bring up my boys.
I still hope that as they grow older and experience more inconveniences, they will speak up and improve the situation.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm

the same adjusted kafemaru recipe with added cocoa powder n raisins, baked as a roll instead of mini buns.

I also adjusted the screw of the dough hook attachment. Now the dough hook can knead until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and obtain the window pane stage with speed 2 within 10 mins of kneading.

Will repeat this the next time to see if the results are consistent.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres