Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:56 am

After going for the 9th Physics tuition, ah boy has opened up that he is learning better in the tuition class, most probably due to a much smaller class size with less distractions. His current school class size is 20+ and it can get “rowdy” when group discussions are going on. Now he is receptive to continuing a Physics tuition, possibly in JC2 as well.

I managed to arrange for Maths Vectors coaching next week.

:xedfingers:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7347
Joined: Tue May 24,
Total Likes:76

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by ngl2010 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:19 am

:rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Aug 27,
Total Likes:18

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by MyPillow » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 am

jen, why u come fr paddington station? read fr the uk thread
i ask hotel to book private hire for me.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 am

ngl2010 wrote::rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:
We managed to solve the problem for now.
If he still is unable to shut out distractions, I dunno how he is going to cope with tertiary studies later.
Well, for now it is 走一步算一步。

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:17 am

MyPillow wrote:jen, why u come fr paddington station? read fr the uk thread
i ask hotel to book private hire for me.
We are landing at LHR, then taking the Heathrow Express to London Paddington.


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:55 am

Do you think a discussion based classroom is suitable for ADHD children?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7019
Joined: Mon Aug 27,
Total Likes:18

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by MyPillow » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:04 am

Jennifer wrote:
MyPillow wrote:jen, why u come fr paddington station? read fr the uk thread
i ask hotel to book private hire for me.
We are landing at LHR, then taking the Heathrow Express to London Paddington.
Heathrow express not cheap too - u n hub only?
we took cab , but we are fours

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11135
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:208

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:29 am

Jennifer wrote:Do you think a discussion based classroom is suitable for ADHD children?
If they can remain engaged, discussion is better than lecture style. They are not so likely to get fidgety or switch off.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11135
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:208

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:31 am

Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote::rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:
We managed to solve the problem for now.
If he still is unable to shut out distractions, I dunno how he is going to cope with tertiary studies later.
Well, for now it is 走一步算一步。
Uni is more self-study so as long as he self-regulate he will be ok. My older girl is coping better than in the A level classroom.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:49 pm

:xedfingers: he pulls through A levels with good grades to enter a uni course of his choice.

Locked