Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:18 pm

ammonite wrote:Congrats, Jen! This is a milestone in a parent’s journey, I wonder when will be my turn. :sweat:
Have a wonderful trip and keep the photos coming! I have almost given up on KSP but let’s just say that even the poo photo is better than some nauseating stuff elsewhere in KSP. Wishing you fair weather throughout the trip! :smile:

AM,

I know the feeling. I went through them many times.

btw the poop bombs weren’t smelly at all, at least I thought so. The entire was literally littered with these, yet there was no bad odor in the air.

My initial plan was to catch the sunrise at Castlerigg Stones. As breakfast was served at 8am the earliest, I ditched the going out in the dark plan. So lucky, right? Else we might hv poops all under our walking shoes.

:rotflmao: so apt for what has been happening here. MP is right- we can choose what to see, hear, speak n seek out happiness.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:28 pm

The weather here changes in the nick of the eye.

See the skies at Castlerigg Stones. Was all greyish, then suddenly the sun broke through the dark clouds.

Afterwhich, we were blessed with sunny skies till late afternoon.

On our way to Aira Force

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Along the roads, there are P signs and designated road shoulder to stop the car.

We stopped by one of these and saw this footpath sign. There was no gate to open out, only a fence with 2 pieces of stepping wooden planks.

My first climb over the fence experience :laugh:

There is a thorny plant near this fence. Luckily we worn long sleeves and pants.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Oh, so lovely. When sun shines, the skies are blue & good for photography.

Thanks for sharing them. :love:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:43 pm

I've never been to Britain. Damned. Sigh.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Aira Force

We used googlemap to arrive at one of the carpark Park Brow. There is a main entrance, dunno how come googlemap did not lead us there.

Kind request to pay for parking, no enforcement personnel on site, really depends on good moral values.

The inital flights of steps from carpark entry to wards Aira Force

Sign post. Reminds me of a kd Let’s Eat in which the characters went hiking, asked a few elderly who came down the hill how far away the peak is and each elderly: another x mins away. :rotflmao: my advice: come by the main entrance, use the free toilet before attempting the walk towards Aira Force, esp if your companion is photograph craze :wink:

Last edited by Jennifer on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm

looks like the image upload does not sequence the photos in the right order :roll:

later I shift :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 pm

There is no telco service once we were near Aira Force. In fact, we could not connect to the network when driving away from Park Brow carpark. Had to rely on the car GPS to show the way.

Bridge across the downstream portion

See the rainbow?

See this fruit? Looks like blackberries? I dare not attempt eating one :siam: also did not pluck one to bring back.

Aira Force is huge. Steps are made up of big stones, gravel stones, dirt grounds, varying heights. Quite challenging walking down to see the waterfall, then taking the same route back to the Park Brow carpark. We walked from Park Brow carpark to Aira Force carpark and back to Park Brow.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm

From Aira Force, we drove to Bassenthwaite Lake.

I took a 20s video. Dunno how to upload here.

Some pics

Blackstock Point and Ouse Bridge are at two opposite ends of Bassenthwait Lake. The water at Ouse Bridge was calmer than Blackstock Point.

After 2 days of driving along lakes and mountains, hubby declared he had enough and we would be visiting charming small towns :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:13 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:I've never been to Britain. Damned. Sigh.

wait for your kiddos to study in UK, then you have reasons to visit every year or even more frequently :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres