Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:49 pm

I did not enjoy the trip.

1. too cold to enjoy the scenery
2. not a shopping person
3. need to look after ah boy's belongings
4. did not get to eat as much sea urchins as I would like to
5. disappointed with the meals provided: not Japan Hour true Japanese style
6. need to put up with ah boy's tantrum throwing

The itinerary is packed with 2 slots of 1.5 hours on bus travelling. Each day has at most 3 activities/places to go b4 checking into the hotel.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:59 pm

oh jennifer.... :hugs:

for your next trip (wedding anniversary trip) you will have to ditch the boys at home in order to enjoy yourself.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Jennifer wrote:I did not enjoy the trip.

1. too cold to enjoy the scenery
2. not a shopping person
3. need to look after ah boy's belongings
4. did not get to eat as much sea urchins as I would like to
5. disappointed with the meals provided: not Japan Hour true Japanese style
6. need to put up with ah boy's tantrum throwing

The itinerary is packed with 2 slots of 1.5 hours on bus travelling. Each day has at most 3 activities/places to go b4 checking into the hotel.


I think when you follow a group, it is rather rushed. When we went to Hokkaido, we had an entire minibus to ourselves, all our family members, but the Jap guide kept rushing us through every stop. Whether to take pics or eat or shop. We end up with lots of time at the hotels. Good thing is a lot of the hotels have Onsens so we spend our time soaking in Onsens.

The food was not as exotic as I would have liked, we had quite a lot of tepanyaki and shabu shabu as well as buffet but every meal was like rush rush rush. Like you, I would loved to have more sea urchin but I think this might not be the best season. If I did not recall wrongly, Autumn might be the season for sea urchin.

That trip gave me a sneak peak of Hokkaido and I think there's a lot more to explore. I hope to go back there again. This time own time own target. No rushing and yup, preferably minimal shopping.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

地狱谷
Hell of Valley

Too cold to explore the place, strong sulphurix smell


Oh, I was there few years back, was quite amazed indeed! And 1st time tried the onsen in the hotel...did u try it ?

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am
Total Likes: 7


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:05 pm

icy_mama wrote:oh jennifer.... :hugs:

for your next trip (wedding anniversary trip) you will have to ditch the boys at home in order to enjoy yourself.


Agree!

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 18044
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 30



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:44 am

jjxy mum wrote:Oh, I was there few years back, was quite amazed indeed! And 1st time tried the onsen in the hotel...did u try it ?


The trip to Hell of Valley was an add-on due to the snow park activities at Kiroro being cancelled (snow not thick enough). It was a touch n go, so we did not stay at the onsen at the area.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am

TheAnswer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:oh jennifer.... :hugs:

for your next trip (wedding anniversary trip) you will have to ditch the boys at home in order to enjoy yourself.


Agree!


The other day we hosted a small get together with hubby's uni friends, there was talk of going back to Dundee once the friends' kiddo finish their PSLE.

Our plan for next year might be postponed.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:12 am

The sun is up, hopefully I get more laundry done today.

The wet mkt was quiet today. Very few good selection of vegs. Guess the past raining days affected the crop.

Going to mop the floor n wash toilet :cry: The past 8 days of not doing housework n cooking has healed my dry hands. Now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:32 am

Jennifer wrote:The sun is up, hopefully I get more laundry done today.

The wet mkt was quiet today. Very few good selection of vegs. Guess the past raining days affected the crop.

Going to mop the floor n wash toilet :cry: The past 8 days of not doing housework n cooking has healed my dry hands. Now :cry: :cry: :cry:

that's the aftermath of touring that i absolutely dread. sigh...

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby TheAnswer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 am

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The sun is up, hopefully I get more laundry done today.

The wet mkt was quiet today. Very few good selection of vegs. Guess the past raining days affected the crop.

Going to mop the floor n wash toilet :cry: The past 8 days of not doing housework n cooking has healed my dry hands. Now :cry: :cry: :cry:

that's the aftermath of touring that i absolutely dread. sigh...


Dun remind me about it.. After I come back from holiday.. Need to train my new maid.. Gonna be another dreadful thing :stompfeet:

I need to go to the supermarket later as we will be cooking over the weekend but super nua now... Either the weather or the hormones :wink:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 18044
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 30


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres