Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:58 pm

jjxy mum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Indigestion. Given 5 days of medication.

Jen, u can try the pagoda powder, may help too..or drink some ginger tea.
I was equally bad last night, had diarrhea & vomiting, kept lying on bed...and I self treat with those medicine that I got from GP. Dh didn't really care about me too, only asked my children & see see look look...a bit pissed off by his attitude.

o dear.

what did you eat wrong? You feeling better now?

For my case, I suspect it was the blood clam in the laksa for Thur lunch. Self medicated for 2 days, still cannot. So went to see the Chinese physician this morning. I did not experience diarrhea/vomiting, just softer than usual stool, constant blurping/passing wind n a bloated stomach n lack of appetite.

Hubby is not at home, still in some parts of Europe.

I seldom eat blood clam in laksa. Once in a blue moon only, yet so unlucky. Btw the stall I bou from is the Toh Yi 7th Mile coffeeshop which I previously posted about their raw minced pork not kept in the fridge.

Skyped hubby earlier on, he suspects the blood clam not kept in cold temperature. He never has this prob when eating blood clam in laksa.

Show your hubby some colours :spank: when u get better

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:00 pm

GLORYmum wrote:Would you like try taking gaviscon or charcoal pills could have some help in digestion.

Get well soon, Jen.

Cheers.

:thankyou:

Hv taken 1 packet of the medicine, definitely feeling better.

Is gaviscon good?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GLORYmum » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:
GLORYmum wrote:Would you like try taking gaviscon or charcoal pills could have some help in digestion.

Get well soon, Jen.

Cheers.

:thankyou:

Hv taken 1 packet of the medicine, definitely feeling better.

Is gaviscon good?

Yes, I had severe indigestion on the plane. my friend saved me with gaviscon and Panadol.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Jennifer wrote:
jjxy mum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Indigestion. Given 5 days of medication.

Jen, u can try the pagoda powder, may help too..or drink some ginger tea.
I was equally bad last night, had diarrhea & vomiting, kept lying on bed...and I self treat with those medicine that I got from GP. Dh didn't really care about me too, only asked my children & see see look look...a bit pissed off by his attitude.

o dear.

what did you eat wrong?

u had steamboat last night, right?

Every year CNY reunion dinner will be steamboat at in-laws' place.

I have to remind the children, esp ah boy, to make sure they cook their food thoroughly. Also not to take the veg out if a raw food item is just added to the pot.

Most imptly, must chew well and to eat slowly.

ah boy had the experience of feeling unwell after a steamboat meal bcos he was too excited in the cooking, talked a lot and eating in a rush.

Your post reminded me to get some medicine to standby for the children.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:07 pm

GLORYmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Is gaviscon good?

Yes, I had severe indigestion on the plane. my friend saved me with gaviscon and Panadol.

ok, will go buy n keep at home.

ah, time to review the first aid kit too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jjxy mum » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Thank u, I was much better after throwing out those food...
Ya, I had steamboat at home last night, maybe the scallop wasn't fully cooked, tasted funny too. I guessed also I was not feeling quite well as I had late lunch (1:45pm) yesterday, thus it just triggered it.
Yes, I always standby medicine at home, luckily I didn't throw the diarrhea tablets the other day.....got a feeling that I shouldn't clear those old medicine...

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Jennifer wrote:
GLORYmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Is gaviscon good?

ok, will go buy n keep at home.

ah, time to review the first aid kit too.

Jennifer, hope you are feeling better. Didn't know blood clams will cause such trouble. I don't eat though (which is probably why I don't know).

Part of my cny prep would include review of the medical box at home. Some must have like tofu boy's anti-histamine, sulbutanol, Diarrhea medication, probotics etc . While these are specific to my son, actually these are applicable for anyone.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:28 pm

jjxy mum wrote:Thank u, I was much better after throwing out those food...
Ya, I had steamboat at home last night, maybe the scallop wasn't fully cooked, tasted funny too. I guessed also I was not feeling quite well as I had late lunch (1:45pm) yesterday, thus it just triggered it.
Yes, I always standby medicine at home, luckily I didn't throw the diarrhea tablets the other day.....got a feeling that I shouldn't clear those old medicine...

Good to hear that you are feeling better.

Other than diarrhea medication, do take some probotics. It will help with the recovery.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:38 pm

If got diarrhoea, remember to drink more water to prevent dehydration.
Take care.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:56 pm

jjxy mum wrote:I was equally bad last night, had diarrhea & vomiting, kept lying on bed...and I self treat with those medicine that I got from GP. Dh didn't really care about me too, only asked my children & see see look look...a bit pissed off by his attitude.

jjxy mum, hope you're feeling better. :hugs:

falling sick sometimes is a wake-up call for ourself to treat ourself better. being vulnerable and weak when illness strike somehow makes one think too much.

however, if i'm sick and lying on the bed, i'd rather no one come ask me if i'm ok. just let me sleep it out and do not disturb! :laugh: ask me only when i'm awake. :wink:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres