Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby buds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Poking tool?

Probably Daiso?
Or John Little's household section?

I know I'm in love with the household items at Tangs. But normally before I even get to touch anything, either hubs or the kids would be calling me outta there! :cry:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 am

buds wrote:Poking tool?

Probably Daiso?

I know I'm in love with the household items at Tangs. But normally before I even get to touch anything, either hubs or the kids would be calling me outta there! :cry:

I was at BPP Daiso ytd, its utensil selection is scaled down.

I dun like to go shopping with ah boy, cant buy anything.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy OnABudget » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:Poking tool?

Probably Daiso?

I was at BPP Daiso ytd, its utensil selection is scaled down.

I dun like to go shopping with ah boy, cant buy anything.

go to imm jen is BIGGER n better alot of things to buy in dh words shopaholic heaven aka his wife heavens

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 pm

I try to avoid going to Daiso in case I buy irrelevant stuff :wink:

Those roast pork seems juicy.. Any step by step procedure to share?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeah, IMM Daiso is huge!

BPP is smaller. Very tight aisle space too. If I bring my twin jogger/buggy, cannot go in.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Was looking out for CNY goodies at this shop at Bt Timah when we had dinner near there yesterday. Picked up a nice golden tin containing love letters and realized they were from Block 15, Woodlands Terrace. The Bakers' Oven Almond Sugee cookies looked nice, also from same place.

So Jennifer if you dowan to go all the way to Woodlands Terrace without hubby or if you don't plan to buy so many items, can consider getting some knick knacks at this shop.

Remember the makan plc I told u about along Cheong Chin Nam? This shop is at the other end where New Garo and Dominos Pizza is.

I didn't get to buy anything because they were all too hungry to wait for me to browse. :P

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:35 pm

buds wrote:Image

Was looking out for CNY goodies at this shop at Bt Timah when we had dinner near there yesterday. Picked up a nice golden tin containing love letters and realized they were from Block 15, Woodlands Terrace. The Bakers' Oven Almond Sugee cookies looked nice, also from same place.

So Jennifer if you dowan to go all the way to Woodlands Terrace without hubby or if you don't plan to buy so many items, can consider getting some knick knacks at this shop.

Remember the makan plc I told u about along Cheong Chin Nam? This shop is at the other end where New Garo and Dominos Pizza is.

I didn't get to buy anything because they were all too hungry to wait for me to browse. :P

r the prices the same?

had planned to go Woodlands Terrace this morning. Then hubby woke up at 2am due to jet lag. After breakfast at 6am, he went back to sleep, all the way to 9am.

He promised tmr morning.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm

TheAnswer wrote:I try to avoid going to Daiso in case I buy irrelevant stuff :wink:

Those roast pork seems juicy.. Any step by step procedure to share?

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... ly#p901673

I took reference from here. Had a difficult time scoring the skin.

I forgot to blanch in hot water, went ahead to season with rock salt (coarse salt) and white pepper (1 tsp each), kept in the fridge with a cling wrap.

This morning, I browned skin down first using my WMF pot w/o adding oil, then brown the other sides. I used a kitchen paper to wipe the oil during the browning.

The oven is preheated at 200 deg C for 20 mins. Put the browned pork belly (skin side up) on the roasting pan rack.

After 40mins, wipe the skin with a kitchen paper.

With 15 mins left, brush with some rice vinegar and up the temperature to 220 deg C.

Rest the roast pork for 30mins b4 cutting.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56 pm

i've tried looking for that tool too. can't seem to find it anywhere. my ingenious guys at home came up with many ideas, but "stabbing" with steak knife worked really well! :laugh: also work that bicep muscles really well too. :razz:

jennifer, i did not blanch, nor brown. lazy la. however, after salting the skin, must use kitchen paper to absorb the moisture from the skin which the salt has brought out. i've repeated this process (salt, wipe, salt, wipe) for almost 1 hour before salting the whole slab and sending into the oven.

no cackling and popping sound but skin turned out wonderfully crispy!

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 pm

icy_mama wrote:i've tried looking for that tool too. can't seem to find it anywhere. my ingenious guys at home came up with many ideas, but "stabbing" with steak knife worked really well! :laugh: also work that bicep muscles really well too. :razz:

jennifer, i did not blanch, nor brown. lazy la. however, after salting the skin, must use kitchen paper to absorb the moisture from the skin which the salt has brought out. i've repeated this process (salt, wipe, salt, wipe) for almost 1 hour before salting the whole slab and sending into the oven.

no cackling and popping sound but skin turned out wonderfully crispy!

there was oozing sounds from mine.

Btw, what do u do with the oil? I just checked, think there is 1/2 bowl of oil. Like too waste to throw away. Thinking of using it to fry glutinous rice, can do?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres