Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:121

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:02 pm

icy_mama wrote:after salting the skin, must use kitchen paper to absorb the moisture from the skin which the salt has brought out. i've repeated this process (salt, wipe, salt, wipe) for almost 1 hour before salting the whole slab and sending into the oven.
wow, :salute:

I left the whole plate in the fridge after applying salt n pepper. There was not much liquid on the plate. Maybe becos I used rock salt and did not rub into the skin thoroughly?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11025
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by icy_mama » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:i've tried looking for that tool too. can't seem to find it anywhere. my ingenious guys at home came up with many ideas, but "stabbing" with steak knife worked really well! :laugh: also work that bicep muscles really well too. :razz:

jennifer, i did not blanch, nor brown. lazy la. however, after salting the skin, must use kitchen paper to absorb the moisture from the skin which the salt has brought out. i've repeated this process (salt, wipe, salt, wipe) for almost 1 hour before salting the whole slab and sending into the oven.

no cackling and popping sound but skin turned out wonderfully crispy!
there was oozing sounds from mine.

Btw, what do u do with the oil? I just checked, think there is 1/2 bowl of oil. Like too waste to throw away. Thinking of using it to fry glutinous rice, can do?
i kept the oil to fry rice. double yum! :drool:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11025
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by icy_mama » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:after salting the skin, must use kitchen paper to absorb the moisture from the skin which the salt has brought out. i've repeated this process (salt, wipe, salt, wipe) for almost 1 hour before salting the whole slab and sending into the oven.
wow, :salute:

I left the whole plate in the fridge after applying salt n pepper. There was not much liquid on the plate. Maybe becos I used rock salt and did not rub into the skin thoroughly?
i rubbed the rock salt on. u can see beads of water on surface. kinda fun to watch and wipe. if not fun, i wouldn't do it too. :laugh:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:121

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:01 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Btw, what do u do with the oil? I just checked, think there is 1/2 bowl of oil. Like too waste to throw away. Thinking of using it to fry glutinous rice, can do?
i kept the oil to fry rice. double yum! :drool:
:thankyou:

dyh
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Nov 11,
Total Likes:2

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by dyh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:
php wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Image
did you poke holes on the skin? i saw those experts did that in tv programme..
I dun hv the tools to poke holes, could not find anywhere in NTUC n Kimable.

Only able to scratch the skin, made a few cuts with the big.knife.
I wonder where to get those poking tools too. Searched everywhere but could not find. Now I bake without poking and it works fine. Once I poked with scissors with very sharp tips but turned out the skin did not crack and was total failure. That was the only time I failed. So I do not believe in poking the skin anymore. :smile:


JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Oct 03,
Total Likes:9

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by JJ1111 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:20 pm

mmm... recently keep seeing friends posting their home-make roast pork on facebook. At KSP also see roast pork. Now home-make roast pork on "trend"? :roll: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look nice. :drool: :drool: Drooling. Mmm.. maybe I should make roast pork too. :imcool:

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Nov 29,
Total Likes:2

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by mummy OnABudget » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:49 pm

i be baking roast beef tml though lol anyway if u are heading to block 15 make sure to buy pineapple tart is really yums but since i did make m own this yr using my toaster lol my mummy recipe though and whenever i make pineapple tarts i cant help to miss her.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12591
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:334

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Funz » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image
Looks fantastic. :drool:

Does it splatter all over the oven?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:121

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:48 pm

The tray n door r splattered with oil droplets. I used a roasting pan, lots of oil in the pan. The sides r not too oily.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:121

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 pm

dyh wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
php wrote:
did you poke holes on the skin? i saw those experts did that in tv programme..
I dun hv the tools to poke holes, could not find anywhere in NTUC n Kimable.

Only able to scratch the skin, made a few cuts with the big.knife.
I wonder where to get those poking tools too. Searched everywhere but could not find. Now I bake without poking and it works fine. Once I poked with scissors with very sharp tips but turned out the skin did not crack and was total failure. That was the only time I failed. So I do not believe in poking the skin anymore. :smile:
Dyh, u surprised me.

Did not know u r a baker too
:)

Locked