Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Jen.

Beautiful flowers. Everytime I got to Railmall, when driving a the back of the stretch of shops I will admire the morning glories growing wild there.

To you have to 'tame' the creepers often? They do grow everywhere and fast as well.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 am

this reminds me of another kind of art.... u know the old print photographs, i used to wet with water, allow the paper to soften a bit and write (scrape) on it with mechanical pencil without lead.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 am

icy_mama wrote:this reminds me of another kind of art.... u know the old print photographs, i used to wet with water, allow the paper to soften a bit and write (scrape) on it with mechanical pencil without lead.


U used an old photo? Yet to do this form.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 am

Funz wrote:Hi Jen.

Beautiful flowers. Everytime I got to Railmall, when driving a the back of the stretch of shops I will admire the morning glories growing wild there.

To you have to 'tame' the creepers often? They do grow everywhere and fast as well.



I grow the plant from a round pot, growth is limited. Amazing to see the twists n turns. Quite sturdy too.

Am thinking of doing up a trelis so that it has more room.

Along Dunearn Rd, there is a house with beautiful morning glory, flower is dark blue. Always in bloom. I wonder what species those are.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 am

Image

A white one

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby CloudeeDaz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 am

Jennifer wrote:
jjxy mum wrote:Like your morning glory :)

:thankyou:


The flower lasts for only half a day. By afternoon, it is ready to wilt.

So sad.


After seeing your blooms, I went to look at my pots of……dried–up soil….
now that is sad………. :oops:


You've got very lovely flowers ,Jennifer! :please:

The white one is very nice too! :please:

CloudeeDaz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 am
Total Likes: 12


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 am

Just cut a fresh one to do flower press.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

CloudeeDaz, dun b sad. Can start planning what to grow.
:smile:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 am

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:this reminds me of another kind of art.... u know the old print photographs, i used to wet with water, allow the paper to soften a bit and write (scrape) on it with mechanical pencil without lead.

U used an old photo? Yet to do this form.

that was done eons ago when photo autographs were still in vogue. :wink: nowadays, old photos are way too precious to "scribble" on. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:38 am

Wow, photo autographs, like 大明星leh.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25957
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres