Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Augmum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Yalor, I dun want to buy shares to monitor. Too stressful. U hv any recommendation for affordable blue chips?

Even buying of blue chips need to enter the market at the right timing, such as after a major correction....( unless, u are talking abt trading)
As blue chips are the components of STI, they track STI very closely, unlike small caps...
A correction in STI will drag yr blue chips down too....
The dividends earned may not cover yr paper loss....

Of coz, one can argue by saying that paper loss is paper loss...so long one holds on to the shares...
But u hv to deal with it emotionally of the unrealised loss n also lost of opportunity in other counters....

Does blue chips give good dividends?

Jen, u can read more abt the dividends of the 30 components stocks of STI in this link....

http://www.sharesinv.com/articles/2013/ ... ds-yields/

More details on the profits and dividends can be found on the SGX My Gateway website.

Yes, pls do more research n seek advice fr the investment experts before investing in stocks....
i hv seen ( or heard) many who burnt their fingers ( or hands) in the stock market due to ignorance n greed....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Funz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
If the extra is not at least x% guaranteed, then to be tied up for 10 years like not worth it?

That was what I was thinking as well. I have yet to dig out more information from the agent.

10 yrs tied up is too long for me....
There may be cost of loss of opportunity shd i see opportunity in the stock markets....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Does blue chips give good dividends?

Jen, u can read more abt the dividends of the 30 components stocks of STI in this link....

More details on the profits and dividends can be found on the SGX My Gateway website.

Yes, pls do more research n seek advice fr the investment experts before investing in stocks....
i hv seen ( or heard) many who burnt their fingers ( or hands) in the stock market due to ignorance n greed....

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:Even buying of blue chips need to enter the market at the right timing, such as after a major correction....( unless, u are talking abt trading)
As blue chips are the components of STI, they track STI very closely, unlike small caps...
A correction in STI will drag yr blue chips down too....
The dividends earned may not cover yr paper loss....

Of coz, one can argue by saying that paper loss is paper loss...so long one holds on to the shares...
But u hv to deal with it emotionally of the unrealised loss n also lost of opportunity in other counters....

Does blue chips give good dividends?

One more thing to add to my post....
Pls take note that the current price of SG blue chips hv alrdy risen ALOT over the yrs....
Some are over a few folds...

Moreover, the price of a stock usually adjusts itself when after CD...that is...
once the market opens on the ex-dividend date... the stock price will usually fall by an equivalent amount to the dividend which was paid out.....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Does blue chips give good dividends?

:thankyou:

U ' re welcome.... :smile:

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm

AMK Town Gdn West

There r 12 or 13 carpark lots along the roadside, free on Sun n PH.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Shares although have good returns are also very high risks. Its not always a win-win situation. To make big $$$ out of shares, its a full time job becos you have to do a lot of research on the companies, have to be on the look out for market movements.

So, if you don't have the energy, interest or time to play shares, its better to park in investment products that are low risk but low payout. At least, you have peace of mind.

I am the kiasu type. I rather invest in products that are safe than to lose everything. Bottomline is not to be greedy.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 pm

wow, this is a good place to discuss as I am a novice.
All want good returns with little risk. Where to find such good financial instrument?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 pm

My first bandage

Wrist not feeling normal for many months. Think I bended it during sleep. Finally could not leave the healing to nature.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

oh dear! how long you'll need to be bandaged?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres