Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Morning glory flower pressed

ooohh, such a beautiful colour!

:idea: just a suggestion.... maybe can trim into a heart shape and laminate it. can be a very pretty bookmark or can be fashioned into a keychain? :smile:


it's for ah boy's sketchbook. need to submit at least 15 arts pieces, any medium, any style, any form.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Morning glory flower pressed

ooohh, such a beautiful colour!

:idea: just a suggestion.... maybe can trim into a heart shape and laminate it. can be a very pretty bookmark or can be fashioned into a keychain? :smile:


it's for ah boy's sketchbook. need to submit at least 15 arts pieces, any medium, any style, any form.


15 art pieces? that is a lot..... :faint:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12121
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Funz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:it's for ah boy's sketchbook. need to submit at least 15 arts pieces, any medium, any style, any form.


15 art pieces? that is a lot..... :faint:


one piece once a week, ok lah. Just dunno what else to do.

So far, he has done

1. a pencil sketch of a shoe
2. Chinese calligraphy of a Character "Fu"
3. a poster paint brush effect with cut out shape of vase and flowers
4. an oil pastel scratch drawing
5. a poster paint print with lady finger cross section
6. an oil pastel rubbing of a comet

The submission is in early term 2, a few weeks more to go but we are running out of ideas.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:50 pm

For a non art person like me that still seems like a lot.

Origami considered art? I only know the kiddy kind of art, marble, string or straw painting.

Kids did one where they just use paint brushes to fling different colour paint onto a canvas, rather abstract. Haha

Another abstract art that we did with the pre-schoolers. Teacher will give them instructions, like draw a circle, draw a straight line, draw a triangle, draw a zig zag line kids will draw one anywhere on the paper. Then teacher will tell them to colour 2 areas red, 1 area black, 3 areas yellow, etc. Each of them will end up with different artwork.

Manuscript writing can? Graffiti? T-Shirt painting? Tie-dye?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12121
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Ah boy can't draw, so my suggested arts are mostly making use of colours to come up with sth that looks fine.

Thought of electrical circuit drawing, hahha.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 pm

http://www.greetingsofgrace.com/article ... step_guide

How to glue pressed flower onto paper.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Funz wrote:For a non art person like me that still seems like a lot.

Origami considered art? I only know the kiddy kind of art, marble, string or straw painting.

Kids did one where they just use paint brushes to fling different colour paint onto a canvas, rather abstract. Haha

Another abstract art that we did with the pre-schoolers. Teacher will give them instructions, like draw a circle, draw a straight line, draw a triangle, draw a zig zag line kids will draw one anywhere on the paper. Then teacher will tell them to colour 2 areas red, 1 area black, 3 areas yellow, etc. Each of them will end up with different artwork.

Manuscript writing can? Graffiti? T-Shirt painting? Tie-dye?



Funz, thank you for the abstract art idea :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Imami » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Some ideas from me. Mine is a 6yo though, so I am not sure if the ideas are too kiddy. Hopefully they can spin off new ideas for ah boy. I take into consideration that ah boy doesn't like to draw.

Finger print art - http://alonganderson.blogspot.sg/2013/0 ... t-art.html. Other than finger print also can do brain or human face etc.

Mosaic art - http://www.mosaicartsource.com/mosaicar ... saics.html

If don't want to do with mosaic pieces, can consider small strips of papers instead.

Scratch art - either get off the shelf materials (daiso have) but DIY. Colour paper with either oil pastels or water colour or poster colour. Fill the whole page with colours. Then colour the whole page with black oil pastel crayon. Use pen knife, toothpick or ruler to scratch out the desired pattern

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Imami wrote:Some ideas from me. Mine is a 6yo though, so I am not sure if the ideas are too kiddy. Hopefully they can spin off new ideas for ah boy. I take into consideration that ah boy doesn't like to draw.

Finger print art - http://alonganderson.blogspot.sg/2013/0 ... t-art.html. Other than finger print also can do brain or human face etc.

Mosaic art - http://www.mosaicartsource.com/mosaicar ... saics.html

If don't want to do with mosaic pieces, can consider small strips of papers instead.

Scratch art - either get off the shelf materials (daiso have) but DIY. Colour paper with either oil pastels or water colour or poster colour. Fill the whole page with colours. Then colour the whole page with black oil pastel crayon. Use pen knife, toothpick or ruler to scratch out the desired pattern



Imami, u naughty leh. The links not working :shrug: the scratch oil pastel we hv done one.

I like the mosaic idea :thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Imami » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:Imami, u naughty leh. The links not working :shrug: the scratch oil pastel we hv done one.

I like the mosaic idea :thankyou:

oops.... Sorry sorry, 不是故意的。 I go and find again!

Edit to add: I couldn't find the finger print art one. This is another example though http://imagemulsion.tumblr.com/image/6671315888

Not sure why I couldn't find back the same links even thought the search terms and the same. If u google "mosaic art" and view the images, you would see the examples.

Another idea is weave art http://fineartamerica.com/featured/weav ... owski.html

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres