Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:32 am

clay569 wrote:nourishing my dying blue butterfly pea and hey! The leaves have since turned from sickly pale yellow to dark green and many pretty blue flowers.


I love this, where did you buy the seeds from?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby clay569 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:40 am

Jennifer wrote:
clay569 wrote:nourishing my dying blue butterfly pea and hey! The leaves have since turned from sickly pale yellow to dark green and many pretty blue flowers.


I love this, where did you buy the seeds from?


A gardener gave me a pod. I have 5 pods growing now. Can mail you the pods...but pls wait a while cos I really don't know when to harvest them :p

clay569
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 am

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I m reading this book The Explosive Child, to help manage my standards with ah boy.

is this book useful? could u summarize some main points for our benefit? :please:

Hahahaha, u where got explosive child lah?

so far haven't exploded yet la... but never under-estimate the power of a ticking time bomb! :laugh:

it's always good to learn more. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

Jennifer wrote:http://www.livesinthebalance.org

Just beginning to read. Understand I can't use "impose my will" which is the Plan A onto ah boy.

After reading the book, I realised that I adopted the Plan A after repeated unsuccessful attempts at reasoning with ah boy.

Seems like I need to learn a better way at communicating my concerns to ah boy.

thanks for sharing. just bookmarked website. will read when i have more time. :smile:

so far, are the suggestions working?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:03 pm

clay569 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
clay569 wrote:nourishing my dying blue butterfly pea and hey! The leaves have since turned from sickly pale yellow to dark green and many pretty blue flowers.


I love this, where did you buy the seeds from?


A gardener gave me a pod. I have 5 pods growing now. Can mail you the pods...but pls wait a while cos I really don't know when to harvest them :p


Thank you. But I think I dun hv space to grow these at the moment. Need to reserve space for veg growing when the weather is better.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:http://www.livesinthebalance.org

Just beginning to read. Understand I can't use "impose my will" which is the Plan A onto ah boy.

After reading the book, I realised that I adopted the Plan A after repeated unsuccessful attempts at reasoning with ah boy.

Seems like I need to learn a better way at communicating my concerns to ah boy.

thanks for sharing. just bookmarked website. will read when i have more time. :smile:

so far, are the suggestions working?


:wink: only adopted 2 suggestions - try to ditch Plan A as much as possible :lol: and adopt Plan C which is to ignore the issue temporarily so less confrontation for the time being. The collaborative method Plan B is the hardest n needs practices. Hence I am using more Plan C now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:so far, are the suggestions working?

:wink: only adopted 2 suggestions - try to ditch Plan A as much as possible :lol: and adopt Plan C which is to ignore the issue temporarily so less confrontation for the time being. The collaborative method Plan B is the hardest n needs practices. Hence I am using more Plan C now.

be it plan a, b or c.... i sensed that you're more at peace and that itself meant that you're heading at the right direction. keep at it! :rahrah:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby GLORYmum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi ladies,
Thanks for your advice.
Have been thinking whether to plant for leisure or to harvest as food for family.
Tia.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm
Total Likes: 103


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 pm

GLORYmum wrote:whether to plant for leisure or to harvest as food for family.
Tia.


choose this option.

:rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:so far, are the suggestions working?

:wink: only adopted 2 suggestions - try to ditch Plan A as much as possible :lol: and adopt Plan C which is to ignore the issue temporarily so less confrontation for the time being. The collaborative method Plan B is the hardest n needs practices. Hence I am using more Plan C now.

be it plan a, b or c.... i sensed that you're more at peace and that itself meant that you're heading at the right direction. keep at it! :rahrah:



:thankyou: :hugs:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres