Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby GLORYmum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 am

jtoh wrote:Gorymum, what plants are you getting?

Jtoh,
Gory too ?? :shrug: :faint:
Cheers.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 am

GLORYmum wrote:Hihi
Got a few flowering plants and some indoor plants.
Will share more when I hv them neatly laid.
Errr.... I hope they make it through next week. Yiaks. Haha.
Cheers.

Did the nursery advise the how to care for the plants? Else, google for such info. I love the power of internet.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GLORYmum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:44 am

Yup, the boss was really helpful and got us more ambitious and bought more.
We took down the specie names to google and learn more.
He gave us two packs of seeds, Caisim and a colorful flowering plant. He claimed the fruit of labour can be visible next week, really ??

Dh excited about planting but mind you hor he expects me to take care of the plants. :faint:

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Saw some ready packs selling at a stationery shop. Come in a nice package - a aluminum planter box, cherry tomato seeds, dehydrated soil and tips to grow. $25+ thank you.

Will such a package help me to grow my plants better? Got tips, got planter box so I don't need to worry about too big too small, got soil so I don't need to worry about what type of soil....

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Imami wrote:Saw some ready packs selling at a stationery shop. Come in a nice package - a aluminum planter box, cherry tomato seeds, dehydrated soil and tips to grow. $25+ thank you.

Will such a package help me to grow my plants better? Got tips, got planter box so I don't need to worry about too big too small, got soil so I don't need to worry about what type of soil....

That's interesting.

Went to the nursery ytd afternoon to get a cork pole for the money plant, a small plastic pot n a pack of soil. Going to try growing spring onions. Hv not bn cooking so those shallots will b wasted. Hope to see some of the bulbs grow.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:22 pm

If the money plant continues to grow, I hope to pull its new growth upwards onto the new cork pole. Think will b quite a sight as it will b taller than me.

Also replanted the CNY Shui Xian bulbs into a big pot on the balcony. These bulbs hv bn neglected - not watered daily, would b a miracle if these survive, under full sunshine too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Money plants got shelf life or not? From what I remember about my mum's tua pwee (literally translated from hokkien, big fat) - there is no shelf life, supposedly very hardy and easy to grow. From my own experience, money plants are indeed easy to care for but very petty.

My 5 little pots of money plants (stationed at either office or home) had not been growing well since last oct when we went for a holiday. Even though we had someone to water them during our absence.

Seeing what they had not been since, I tried switching them to locations with more sunlight, or more water, check for pests but still no improvement. Then I thought maybe they needed a top up of soil (becos the soil level went down). Bought two packs of soil, one pack for the two in office and the other for the three at home. Bought two separate packs, becos the first pack ran out. The two packs are from different producer/manufacturer.

Now, all 5 confirm dying.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:33 am

Imami wrote:Money plants got shelf life or not? From what I remember about my mum's tua pwee (literally translated from hokkien, big fat) - there is no shelf life, supposedly very hardy and easy to grow. From my own experience, money plants are indeed easy to care for but very petty.

My 5 little pots of money plants (stationed at either office or home) had not been growing well since last oct when we went for a holiday. Even though we had someone to water them during our absence.

Seeing what they had not been since, I tried switching them to locations with more sunlight, or more water, check for pests but still no improvement. Then I thought maybe they needed a top up of soil (becos the soil level went down). Bought two packs of soil, one pack for the two in office and the other for the three at home. Bought two separate packs, becos the first pack ran out. The two packs are from different producer/manufacturer.

Now, all 5 confirm dying.

My pot of money plant shld b 10 years old liao. Hv changed the pot sizes a few times over the years, went through not watered for a few days to discourage excessive growth to now daily watering as it is receiving full morning sun now. Still doing well.

Maybe u should change the pot sizes, roots too congested also leads to poor growth.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 am

Imami, look for a healthy section of the money plant, cut it off the parent plant, stuck one end into a pot of new soil, wait for a few days. The new plant might take off, just like my 2nd pot.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Jennifer wrote:Imami, look for a healthy section of the money plant, cut it off the parent plant, stuck one end into a pot of new soil, wait for a few days. The new plant might take off, just like my 2nd pot.

Thank you :hugs: have taken your advise, cut a bit and kept it.

Jennifer, the thing I notice about you is 不燥不冷, always make people very comfortable. This is a very good quality in a person. 刚好想起,顺便提起.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres