Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby janet88 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:54 am

We are not into burgers...even when driving thru, it's for the sundae after dinner...but the A&W at dunearn road was the best...a pity kids today will not get to experience that.

KAP is crowded on weekends...it's more like the convenience of cold storage that I will miss most...buying something I forgot earlier like bread or ham...prices at cold storage are ex...no point paying extra unless really necessary.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:02 am

janet_lee88 wrote:We are not into burgers...even when driving thru, it's for the sundae after dinner...but the A&W at dunearn road was the best...a pity kids today will not get to experience that.

KAP is crowded on weekends...it's more like the convenience of cold storage that I will miss most...buying something I forgot earlier like bread or ham...prices at cold storage are ex...no point paying extra unless really necessary.

Yes, that CS is certainly more convenient than Finest. Gonna miss that more than Mac!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:08 am

Nebbermind wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:good morning :smile:

I marked 16 march on my calendar...to enjoy the ambience there before cold storage and mac disappears :cry: it will be inconvenient to buy anything from supermarket...giant at beauty world and ntuc are so inconvenient...nearest one will be cold storage at rail mall.

But that place is uber crowded and noisy...nebber enjoyed my visit there...but have to say that the drive thru is very convenient.

Will miss the drive thru and CS.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 am

that Finest is not well located...car park is a problem and running in to buy something is time-consuming. Giant (former shop and save) is worst with the ongoing construction. CS at Rail Mall is congested on weekends with cars because of enrichment classes.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 am

There's valet parking at finest in Saturdays and Sunday mornings. But queue to pay is extremely long, especially on Sundays. Fridays are good. Ample parking plus shorter queues. And there's now the scan and go system. Out in a jiffy.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 am

CS at RM is pathetic rather go to CS at Westmall now that KAP is gone. The other one will be Guthrie but that one a bit out of the way for me.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 am

All the ang moh shopping @ finest has overloaded trolleys. If there are 3~4 ahead of you, be prepared to be in the Q for 20~30 mins!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 am

Nebbermind wrote:All the ang moh shopping @ finest has overloaded trolleys. If there are 3~4 ahead of you, be prepared to be in the Q for 20~30 mins!

Use the scan and go. Usually no queue. But you need to bring your own grocery bags and do your own packing.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:24 am

Finest at btp is no fun on weekends...firstly no car park and people at supermarket literally have trolleys full of groceries...waiting in line requires leg energy and time.

CS at RM is not for everyone...not comprehensive. Come to think of it, very sian. looks like I would need to get my stuff on Saturdays when kids go for tuition...ntuc at bukit panjang.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 am

Even at scan and go counters, they also have plastic bags. But you can get out faster if you bring own bags. I do veg shopping there on Saturday mornings. And so far no queue. Until this system catches on.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres