Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Jennifer wrote:
:yikes:

As a child, I sleep walked to the door and tried to open the door. Was stopped by my late granny. She said I did this > once.

DD sleep talks. She slept with us when she was younger. Imagine in the middle of the night you hear a little child's voice whispering away and giggling. :scared: Sometimes she will sit up and talk, all the while still asleep with her hair all over her face. :yikes:

Late FIL say this one inherited from DH. DH talked so loud in his sleep that PILS thought someone broke into the house he was quarrelling with that someone in the middle of the night.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:26 pm

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuis ... -tart.html

This English custard tart looks very good, right?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Thank you Jennifer and Imami for your clarification :love:

DH on leave tomorrow, see if we can go dating dating at Macs there .....

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:17 am

A few shallots sprouted n growing beautifully

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Nice. Homegrown spring onions are not as big or fat but definitely sweeter and quite crunchy.

How do you store your spring onions or coriander? Do you wrap them up in newspaper? That was we how my mum use to store them. My maid did that too and when we need to use them they are limp and wilted.

When I started growing spring onions, maid just cuts what she needs and leave the rest and they just wilt eventually.

Now I told my maid to harvest all, get those take out boxes, lay some kitchen towels at the bottom and store the spring onions or coriander in the boxes and put into the fridge. They last longer that way. The last batch almost 2 weeks, still look pretty fresh. Likewise for the sweet basil.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Funz wrote:Nice. Homegrown spring onions are not as big or fat but definitely sweeter and quite crunchy.

How do you store your spring onions or coriander? Do you wrap them up in newspaper? That was we how my mum use to store them. My maid did that too and when we need to use them they are limp and wilted.

When I started growing spring onions, maid just cuts what she needs and leave the rest and they just wilt eventually.

Now I told my maid to harvest all, get those take out boxes, lay some kitchen towels at the bottom and store the spring onions or coriander in the boxes and put into the fridge. They last longer that way. The last batch almost 2 weeks, still look pretty fresh. Likewise for the sweet basil.

:thankyou: for the tips.

I dun think I will grow many to keep. Most likely use up all in an egg omelette or pork dumplings.

Grew these bcos those days I did not cook, dun want the shallots to go to waste.

Where to get sweet basil seeds?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:43 pm

I did not grow from seeds. The current ones I have were hydroponic ones bought from NTUC Finest. They come in tiny pots. When I brought them home, Separated them and planted them into a bigger pot in soil. There were about 7 plants crammed into that small pot. 2 died but the rest are doing well.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icy_mama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Funz wrote:Nice. Homegrown spring onions are not as big or fat but definitely sweeter and quite crunchy.

i'll uproot the whole spring onion plant. wrap in newspaper without washing. placed in a plastic bag, tied up with some air inside. they keep for more than a week this way.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Icy_mama, do u grow Chinese parsley?

I love them, but the mkt free ones dun keep well

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm